Quantum Break Will Be Exclusive To Windows Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 15, 2016.

1. dannuxxu

dannuxxu New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx 970 g1
    Yep, i had partial information about dx12 hahaha, thanks!

2. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Care to elaborate on that a bit?

Steam has no real issues. can play my games whenever I want. I buy the game, I own it forever. No issues with updating games. I can play my games offline. Updates are automatic. I can add non-steam games if I want. I can play with my friends. Steam sales. My library all in one place

I don't see any downside with steam at all. I always find it amusing when people complain about steam when it's so user friendly and has very few restrictions, none that I can even think of.

Steam isn't "a DRM". Steam is a platform. DRM is something completely different. SecurRom is a DRM, Starforce is a DRM, Denuvo is a DRM.
    Steam, origin and Uplay are all gaming UI/Platforms, not DRMs. I think you're a little confused

While windows has its issues, without it the gaming and PC world in general would be a very lonely and different place. People only think of the negatives (seems to be a theme among humans) and don't look at the positives. Nothing wrong with windows if you know how to set it up correctly (so it doesn't do stuff without your permission).. I for one am glad windows exists. You can keep your linux and other OS's and struggle to get things to work when windows users can just play all their games straight out of the box.

Not to mention how Windows connected the world basically, bringing the access to the internet to the masses. Without it, where would we be? I think some people really need to get a clue and realise what the world of PCs would be like without it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  3. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    GFWL never had a $50 a year fee as far as I know. I used it back then and never had to pay a single dollar. Still was a pile of crap though :)

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Well there are issues with Steam maybe you are lucky to don't need these features:

- Steam has no rollback game updates like other clients has (GoG, Uplay, Origin). Yes you can opt out of beta patches but once a game patch is official you are forced to update and play this version, you can't rollback to any previous version. You are locked to the last official build automatically.

Sometimes this strict behavior broke the game for certain setups (CFX/SLI work different or not at all , some graphic options are lost or different, ect...)

- There is no option to control the download speed or to organize the download queue and believe me: 100-500 mb ISP service to download 50 gb games fast is not the norm worldwide, it's the exception.

- There is not an option to auto shutdown when downloads are completed.If a game download finish at 3 a.m. you must be there to shutdown the PC or use script tricks to control Steam folder sizes externally to perform it.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016

5. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    It appears that there will be more Xbox games for PC to follow this. Forza is one possibility among others. I've always wanted to play Forza but wasn't going to buy an Xbox just for it.

6. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Incorrect.

Steam is listed on third party websites such as Green Man Gaming as being DRM. It's listed as being able to act as DRM on Wikipedia. Steamworks is advertised by Valve as DRM. Unless you can launch a game activated on Steam without Steam running, Steam is acting as DRM. This is the case for the vast majority of titles available on Steam. A (software) platform is generally capable of multiple tasks, in the case of Steam DRM is part of that.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  7. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Its gonna happen. This essentially kills piracy, so pc is hopefully going to be seen as a more financially viable option. There is a huge bright side to this IMO.

MS Windows 10 EULA says they can monitor for and delete unauthorized apps\games, I think this is why.