Quantum Break Will Be Exclusive To Windows Store

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 15, 2016.

1. nexuno

nexuno Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    All the rest looks like excuses to hide the "new button" thing, and everyone here will buy it sooner or later. I'll wait till it's dirty cheap like I do for all single player games.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It sickens me to think Microsoft have finally made something 100% worse than Games for Windows Live.

I truly wonder how this will look by 2020?

[​IMG]

3. rta

rta Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970
    Quantum What?

Is this another one of those "amazing, next gen graphics" games with no substance and forgettable characters? I'm thinking so.

GLWS M$. You gonna need it.

4. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    The ignorance and sense of entitlement in this thread is astounding.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    You need to be specific.

6. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    I run the LTSB of Windows 10 Enterprise so get no inbuilt apps, no Edge, no Cortana, no stupid Xcocks app and sadly, no Windows Store, what a shame :D

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    In PC and for PC gamers (console gamers will feel at home) you can simply call it: Quantum Broke

:3eyes:

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    What's listed there will only affect a very small percentage of pc gamers. Not enough for Microsoft to worry about. We are not the target audience for these games anyways and unfortunately, casuals outnumber us enthusiasts by a whole lot.

You're probably right. I know a few people who are looking forward to this game.

You forgot first world problems. :D

It's not possible. That's as specific as you can get. :bounce:

9. nexuno

nexuno Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    Does Alan Wake fall in this category of yours? :)

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Simple, a lot of other software houses only offer their games online via their online shops, but as soon as Microsoft does it everyone looses their mind.

11. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Have you read about the issues with the store version of Rise Of The Tombraider? Even those who picked it up from the Ukrainian store for $10 said it wasn't worth it

GFWL all over again

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    From what pre-release of Windows 10 and Xbox for Windows was shown by Phil Spencer, it seems that there was a different outlook Phil had for gaming on Windows 10. I kind of think that some others in Microsoft had a hand in shaping what Xbox on Windows 10 is right now, which is not positive.

I don't want to call it GFWL in 2016, because some of the features are awesome. But right now there are too many negatives in Windows store, Xbox for Windows, and right now Windows gaming seen by Microsoft.

No sli or crossfire profiles?

No vsync controls in case vsync is too much of a performance hit?

Say you have a dedicated ssd just for your OS that's only say 120gb?
    Well, you cannot change the directory unless you know advanced scripting and powers hell commands.

It kind of seems like Microsoft only tried the windows store because of competition from Apple and Google. But on a desktop/laptop platform, not that much competition from anyone.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  13. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon VII
    if im not mistaken, vendor agnostic multi-gpu is NOT limited to fullscreen exclusive mode in DX12. what we know as sli/crossfire now in DX11 will change dramatically (for the better) once DX12 matures. I have a feeling microsoft has some tricks up there sleeve once DX12 hits full force...

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    ... like setting up new traps and restrictions for users to bind them to their windows store? Yeah, heard about something like that. :D

15. Dch48

Dch48 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Maybe this will be the way all future Xbox games are released for PC. The ones published by Microsoft anyway. It's no big deal to me and I think it will do well. Microsoft will possibly make more this way than if they did allow it on Steam. I also think it may push some on the fence about upgrading to 10 to finally take the plunge although if you're a gamer you should have done it anyway. There are many people just itching for a true DX 12 game.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016

16. dannuxxu

dannuxxu New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx 970 g1
    Maybe im wrong, just a question, dx12 don´t use sli anymore so (apart from other windows store problems) whats wrong with not supp sli in this game?

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Who said SLI will not work anymore in DX12?

In DX12 fullscreen is not needed anymore for multi-card and its support will be exclusively in dev hands contrary to DX11 games where Nvidia/AMD had some possibilities to support it in their drivers if a minimal base was added to game by game devs.

AFIK nobody (MS or game dev) said a single word about the multi-card support in this game yet.

Wait and see.

18. dannuxxu

dannuxxu New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx 970 g1
    But on dx12 sli doesn´t exist, its supp for multi gpu which is indeed on dx12, but i don´t know if need sli explicit supp, i don´t think so that why i think doesnt matter if the game is on windows store...im wrong?

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You are a little confused. :)

When i said SLI and CFX reffering to DX12 i mean multi-card support on Nvidia and Amd card as we know until now.

DX12 will add some posibilities to multi-card like no fs needed and the option to create a vram memory pool from multiple GPUs.

All this multi-card options in DX12 means nothing in DX12 games if game dev don't implement them in code.

EXPLICIT WORK must be done to add multi-card in DX12 and can only be done by game dev.

Windows store or not it doesn't make a difference.

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Like you mentioned about full screen not being needed, thought FreeSync addressed an option that FreeSync worked better with Vsync on. The only item I would have a bone to pick at, would be over the need for being logged into a Microsoft account to play it. But that isn't an issue since I log into my xbox live account to play a few games with my kids anyway.

If one is worried about what information can be garnered off one's software account, there is more at play than what is willing to be admitted to. If it is just a preference, than address it like that. They just exist for one reason or another; does not matter.

Google gets more information from your internet surfing without the need of being logged into any kind of account. If one is really paranoid, just surround yourself with a Faraday Cage and be done with it.