Quantum Break PC requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Remedy has revealed the official PC requirements for the Steam version of Quantum Break. According to them, the Steam version of Quantum Break will only support DX11. ...

Quantum Break PC requirements

2. m40turbo

m40turbo Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080TI FTW3
    No DX12, No SLI or CFX. This is a F-ing joke.
    If the differences are as small as i have seen on Forza Horizon 3 on console and PC, it's even more pathetic.

It seem all the big companies are having it their way on all fronts when it comes to PC..
    Everything is being fazed out, locked, blocked or changed somehow. Not gonna be any PC gaming in the end. It feels like it's turning into a console as well with no options.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Difference between the PC and XBO in terms of visuals?

It seems to mainly be about shader and shadow detail as usual plus you can disable the upscaling effect on PC but that will hit performance hard even on a 1080 GPU and that also happens with the Steam version of the game from what I have read.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/474960/discussions/0/350542683206323664/?ctp=3#c350543319568562806

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/185949
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/185950

Bit compressed though but shadow detail is one noticeable difference although it's not exactly a huge difference so when actually playing you might not notice the somewhat sharper soft-shadowing effects and whatnot.

4. Sevuz

Sevuz Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1070
    QB ain't a very good game to begin with + 3 parties know it ain't worth it for them to release a Win Store version. People just don't care.

5. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
  6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    "it appears that a single GTX1080 won't be able to max out the Steam version of Quantum Break"

Translation "we didn't optimise our game"

7. Nima V

Nima V Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB
    It will be interesting to compare DX11 with DX12 to see what DX version give better performance in this game. I bet like most other games, DX11 give better performance in Quantum Break. most released DX12 games have serious optimization problems.

8. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Not on Amd gpus.

9. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    they really should just change the title to Quantum Broken .

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's been an effin' joke for a long time. SLI is practically dead and will most likely not be resurrected with the multi-GPU feature of DX12.

11. Nima V

Nima V Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 760 2GB
    In Rise of the tomb raider, Hitman and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, DX11 gives better performance in most situations even on AMD hardware and in Forza horizon 3 the most recent DX12 title, AMD non-polaris GPUs performance are just disastrous. for example look at this detailed review on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DX12 performance, a gaming evolved title:
    http://techreport.com/review/30639/...x-12-performance-in-deus-ex-mankind-divided/3

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  12. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    theres a new trend where cpu requirements make no sense. a 4460 completely blows away a 6300 and a 4690 is almost identical in performance to a 4460. You can probably run it on something as old or older than a 2500k at stock no problem, but they dont want to bother testing older generations.

13. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    How can you give porting teams ten times the power of a console and still manage to **** it up, some people shouldn´t be making games honestly.

14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I'm still surprised that there's a discussion about dx12's current state, a lack of CFX / SLI support, and a re-release of a game that's already known, or the obvious lack of optimisation.

Just don't buy such crap.

15. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    True they just got a lot of attention because the game was such a mediocre hot technical mess, also because people were expecting their old pre MS console era self - and expected a really good PC game. Shame to see yet another pc studio go so bad uppon conversion, and to do so as fast as they have.. oh well, they are rich now so good for them

16. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Is this what will happen to all WS games that hit Steam? I don't like the precedence this sets. The only thing we should loose by buying through Steam is the ability to play the game on an XB1 as well.

17. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Your lose guys. I bought it a while back through the Microsoft Store and it plays just fine. (At least with AMD hardware, it does have issues with Nvidia hardware in my experience.) Maybe Nvidia needs to fix their drivers for this game?

Anyways, I have not been playing games much lately so I have no idea when I will ever finish it. After all, I did not finish the 2013 Tomb Raider game until after the Rise of the Tomb Raider game was released.

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It seems that a bad UWP port, is a bad Steam port. Who would've thunk.

19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    How the mighty have fallen. Remedy, once one of the most capable PC developers out there, now only producing ****.

What the hell happened to them?

20. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    Microsoft and greed happened.

The engine is clearly designed specifically for cinematic 30 fps on xbone with blurriest image I've ever seen. They can't fix it. The core is rotten..

Having upscaled resolution just to run it more or less OK @ "1080p" on a 700-800$ card? Jesus.. I never thought I would see this day on PC.

Ryse was released in 2013 and it is still one of the most beautiful games out there and runs great.

This game has nothing extraordinary going on on the screen except for some good lightning effects. Ah wait.. yeah, there is.. Extraordinary blurriness.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016