1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quantum Break for PC?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    It was patched out of the Windows 10 Store version "a while back" from what a Remedy official mentioned on the Steam forums but if that's accurate I wonder how it came back to the Steam version.
    (Which besides some folder changes and of course using D3D11 is almost completely identical file for file with the 2.5.0.0 version of the Win10 store build of the game, if you were to use that and then do a Steam validation it would mostly just download the game exe and .dll files as those were moved to a subfolder for the Steam release.)

2. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2070
    Great patch. People with Titan X can't run it at 1080 with decent fps, but they recorded a new video.
    OK.

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Started playing this last night. So far so good, but have to say 1) No FOV change is annoying as hell 2) Cutscenes render at 16:9 but the game plays at 21:9 :bang:

Cmon man.. why. Also, performance is decent but IMO could be better. Mouse input seems not the best.. games isn't as smooth moving around with mouse look as it could be.

Anyway, only played a bit at the start (an hour or so), but gotta give credit. the game does look good.

4. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse

5. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    The WS Store version won't get updated right? I remember Phil Spencer telling a while ago that QB will get the same support as the Steam version... Yeah, count on it!

6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    It might get continued support depending on what needs to be fixed but the Win10 Store version / UWP version of the game uses DX12 and might not need these shader optimizations depending on how it works though if it can be improved that version could do with some further optimization too. :)

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The Win10 Version will still receive normal updates.
    It will NO LONGER receive any Win10 specific updates. So, no updates specific to that API or platform, but, updates that are universal between both updates... it will get.

8. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    I hope so, because it certainly needs more work. Too bad I finished the game three times already. :D

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Trio
    Bought and tried it yesterday. Very nice game so far! More like an interactive movie, sure, but still good. Unfortunately it wasn't possible to maintain 60fps at 4K even when reducing some graphical settings so I tried playing on my 1440p monitor. Problem there is that Upscaling looks quite bad so I have to play without it and that is obviously a serious performance hit. AA seems do to pretty much nothing (IQ wise).

Another weird thing is that moving the camera with the mouse is very stuttery but when I try the controller it's smooth. Any tips on how to fix that?

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    set rtss 60fps limit, force driver fast sync,

and lower volumetric light and GI both one step. Also try driver AF its much better.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Trio
    Ok, I'll try that.

Btw, Fast Sync is the only way to play the game on the TV since if the FPS goes below 60 it hops down to 30 if I just set NVCPL Vsync to Enabled (no triple buffer). On the screen however G-sync works fine.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    What -Tj- said and also try running borderless window (if you can manage without Gsync ;))

For me vsync with borderless was notably smoother than excl. fullscreen which was stuttery when moving camera around.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You can also turn off the in game AA option. It doesn't really do anything.
    The game forces a form of AA on all the time, regardless of if the AA setting is on or off. So, you can gain a bit of performance by turning off the AA setting.

With it off, you'll still have AA because of the always on option tied to how the game renders itself.

Either way, it's a gorgeous looking game. And a hell of a fun one as well.
    It's definitely classic Remedy, though, without the slight camp/humor that they've used in previous titles.
    This one is a bit more serious, but it's still got moments of upbeat fun.

14. evolucion888

evolucion888 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX Vega 64 LC
    Are you playing the Steam version of the UWP version? AFAIK, both uses temporal reconstruction to smooth the jaggies and increase the performance (With some blurrying issues). The patched version allows you to tweak it for better image quality. I played it on UWP with DX12 on my back then 290X and was a nice experience. Now I have a Fury X and willing to try it again but with Steam version (I got a Steam gift card so I bought the game on Steam as UWP resembles games for Windows a lot LOL).

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I own both versions.
    For me as an Nvidia user, the STEAM version is easily the better version. But, for AMD users, they are actually seeing better performance in the UWP version.

16. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Well after hours of testing, I now have a 100% working SLI profile.The game runs at ultra settings except volumetric lighting down to high and this is with scaling off. I get a good 85 fps and no drops below 70 fps. Before I post the inspector settings I want to try it for a few more hours.it wasn't just a case of using another game profile and bear in mind this is the steam version.

17. darrensimmons

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Sli fix ..here it is.

Ok its good to go.
    Add qb exe to batman arkhum origins profile. This is the fastest and easiest way as so many undefined flags to set otherwise.

change its SLI bits (DX11) to 0x080002F5. Then, press on the magnifier icon in order to reveal NVIDIA's Undefined options. Search for 0x00A0694B and set it to 0x00000001

In SLI section the only 2 you want to set are
    1.predifined number of gpus... SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_DX10_FOUR
    2.nvidia redifined SLI mode directx 10.....SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_DX10_FORCE_AFR

All the other sli settings in this section set to auto selct.

Now set to max performance and threaded optimization on

This fix is for the Steam version not win 10 store.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Great stuff, thanks for the work.

Freedom and user input is the one thing im going to miss most when DX12 and Vulkan is all that's used.

19. darrensimmons

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Seems people with pascal cards are having a few problems with this fix but I am using 376.33 and windows 10. So it could be a different driver is not so stable with this fix.

20. darrensimmons

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Ok, it doesn't work well enough. Use watchdog profile as it works without flashing.