Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    No new (dx12) architecture, not twice the transistor count despite the price tag and the full new node... we are getting shafted. At least ps4 neo and xbox scorpio should get the benefits of the new node in a non anti consumer maner.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, the majority of the benefits I've seen for the new 1080 have been minimal.
    Yes, they make a significant improvement over the 970, and the base 980. But, compared to the 980ti or the Titan models... there's no viable reason for people with those cards to consider upgrading.

3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Well, Remedy itself stated in their forum that the opportunity to toggle MSAA 4x has been given already, so we can keep questioning but the answer is there...

Besides, there's also a tweet in which it is clearly written there won't be any further optimization for GTX 970s, other than no perf improvement with upscaling off ( https://twitter.com/RiotRMD/status/732437072917766144 ).

At the same time, I hope things will get better, but these words leave no space to multiple interpretations.

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I take that comment as him saying they are not doing GPU specific optimization.
    There will most likely be optimization in general to the engine, memory usage... but they are not targeting specific fixes or improvements for specific GPU models.

5. FoxHound

FoxHound Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti
    when he has to leave the patch?

6. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    what tool do i need to use to capture screenshots and view FPS?

7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    ^ To capture screenshots use the combination WIN+ALT+PRINTSCR. for FpS counting use DXtory. ;)
    We'll find out soon.

8. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    sertopico
    Thanks

Also, anyone has tried to tweak upscaling so that it never lowers resolution more than 10%?
    I really like that setting, it keeps game smooth in heavy scenes and provides maximum quality when possible. but I don't want it to drop to 720p, I prefer to have small stuttering than drop to 720p...

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Use win+printscreen instead. It will save the screenshot directly in your my pictures folder under screenshot folder. It's built in screenshot functionality in Windows 10.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    DXtory also has it's own screenshot function. So, you could simply use that.

And, you can modify the buttons for taking screenshots for Win10 apps. Though, unlike Steam and others, it has to be a combination of two buttons. Which sucks.
    I prefer Steam's one button press.

11. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
    477 MB update is out, only added vsync on/off option in Graphics Menu

Windows 10 Title Update 3

Support for disabling V-sync which will allow users to take advantage of G-Sync or FreeSync
    Fixed an issue with game controllers not working correctly on some configurations
    General fixes
    In response to requests from fans, we have removed SSE4.2, SSE4.1, SSSE3 limitation, which will enable “Quantum Break” on Windows 10 to run on unsupported, below minimum spec hardware. However, Quantum Break is not designed to run on older or unsupported hardware, and we strongly encourage you ensure your PC meets the necessary system requirements before purchasing or playing “Quantum Break” on Windows 10

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  12. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Bought the key for PC version on gameflip app for 20$
    And I really like the game.Did not play a lot but till now the performance is very good on 1080p ultra.
    Don't know how many fps but it runs great for me.
    Didn't know where to buy the key for Windows for cheap
    And found today that app.its a store for different stuff.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Phil Spencer talks about Win10 PC Gaming, plans for the future...
    And, says why he thinks Quantum Break's PC port had issues.

That's pretty much what I figured.
    They talked about it being Xbone exclusive for so long, then two months before release... here's a Win10 version.

It just felt like a last minute addition.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  15. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Honestly bought this game and could never play it till i have my GTX 1080...Still having SLI of them the Game works bad and stutters. I just dropped to high some shadows, etc and runs fine, but definitely needs optimization.

Running it at 2560x1600 Ultra mostly and 3 settings on High

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Oh, what do you know? As many of us had guessed and it turns out right. At least PS has the balls to admit it. Changes for the better can happen once the problem is acknowledged. His attitude can pave a more positive path moving forward. More care and attention needed when porting these games for W10, simple as.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Just about 2 weeks left until Steam release.

18. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    It's just me or there is basically zero marketing about this one?

Haven't seen any gaming site actually care about this release.

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Likely because microsoft wants to convince themselves that their store will do better, and if a game isn't doing well on the windows store, it's because it didn't do good as a game, rather then didn't release on the right store.

20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It is possible. I don't see MS going out of their way to really push the STEAM version of the game.
    But, Nordic didn't exactly do an amazing job of marketing the STEAM version of Alan Wake either. They did a great job with Remedy on the port, but... they always seem to miss the mark when it comes to promoting their games.