Quantum Break for PC?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    How is the replayability of this game? Cause if its a short game like a lot of people are saying, then, yes it's great that they've got a patch out so quick. I think most early buyers would have completed it by now though and the patch is meaningless to those people.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Not sure were people get the "it's a short game"...
    Unless you're simply running through it, blasting through as quick as possible. It's about ten hours your first time.

But, yeah, there's replayability. As you can make different decisions at key points, it'll change you you interact with. How certain things play out.
    And there are collectibles you can pick up that will make small changes in the live action TV show episodes.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Anyone tried using MFAA? MFAA increases MSAA performance, so you may want to try it..

4. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Tried that but it has no effect on performance, and IQ remains the same in my opinion.

5. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    You can discover some bonus scenes in the live action, depending on junction choices, and the quantum ripples you find. I had a hard time finding out what the quantum ripples actually did (internet too slow to stream 1080p), I watched it off youtube.

From a gameplay perspective, act-2 is interesting, depending on junction 1, otherwise imo no reply value. You can collect all readables, to get a better understanding.

So around 15hours or so I'd say.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Personally, I think it has more replay value then any of Remedy's other titles. Yes, the decision after the first Junction does have the biggest impact on which character you interact with.
    But, decisions during future Junctions can also have interesting little changes.

And, the quantum ripples will add extra little bits to each episode. You'll see someone comment on something, or a certain scene will change a little.

But, I'm really happy with this update.
    A solid driver update from Nvidia could help smooth something things out. And, I look forward to seeing what Remedy push out in the next update.

Personally, the ability to disable Motion Blur...
    [​IMG]
    ... would be a gift from god.
    I hate motion blur. In every game. It's always one of the first things I turn off.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Motion blur should be possible to disable if we had the ability to use command-line arguments, they are all there but you can't launch the app like a normal exe so there's no way to add these parameters far as I know.

Settings file itself is called renderer.ini but all of the options in there can be adjusted from the in-game options menu I believe.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, the option to disable that alone would mean everything to me.
    I personally find Motion Blur to be an obnoxious setting, and something games just should not use.
    The concept is... okay, but it always looks overdone.

Remedy are working on future fixes and changes. And CPU specific optimizations and improvements.

I think, it they take care of that, add a few more options... and give users the option to disable the always on 4xMSAA... performance and overall experience with the game will go way up.
    Cause, right now, I think that's what is hurting a lot of people's performance with upscaling turned off. You're now rendering your full resolution, but you still have that 4 samples of MSAA applied to it.
    Give users the ability to turn that AA off, and go with a less resource hungry version of AA if they wish.

9. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    played the game on a Sony androidTV then enabled YCbCr444 from NV controlpanel , the game looks like a freakin' CG movie with all effects enabled and maintaining 50 to 60fps performance ( can be done by lowering shadows )

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Same, hate it and always disabled for the very first thing!

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I started a brand new game, from scratch. Resetting all collectibles.
    Thanks to the new patch, it's a hugely improved experience. Film Grain off makes a massive difference in the visual quality of the game.

Even with Upscaling on, with Film Grain turned off it already looks way better. And thanks to the performance improvements, with Upscaling on I can maintain a solid 60fps.

If I turn Upscaling off, yes, it looks crisper and sharper, but... takes a hefty performance hit. Think, I wait to touch that setting until we see if Remedy allow us to turn off the forced on 4xMSAA.
    Again, can't help but think if the UWP architecture allowed users to modify cfg/ini files we might be able to disable that MSAA setting ourselves.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    can anyone help me with this problem , i can't access the game's folder since i changed the storage drive from C , tried lots of google solutions but nothing works

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    tried all of that , nothing changed , if i installed it on C i can access the folders easily

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Strange, unsure what else it could be if it's not permissions related, yet another quirk with the current version of the Win10 LIVE Store perhaps.

It was going to see a update sometime this month I believe but I am not entirely sure what they'll be adding or fixing.

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Get a live Linux CD or make a dual-boot with Windows 7.
    You can access the folder just fine withing W7.

[​IMG]

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    it's on windows10 not 7

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, Quantum Break is a Win10 and DX12 exclusive.

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    I know.
    I dual boot Win7 and Win 10

I was just pointing out that within Windows 7 you can access the files and do whatever you want to them.