Quantum Break

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Still no code. :(

Kind of wish I'd just waited now and bought the digital PC version from the Windows Store direct even though it is £5 more expensive (ummm, why?) than the Xbox One digital version I bought last week.

Microsoft are just hopeless IMO. There's no reason at all why they could not just distribute the keys as soon as the game went live. I am beginning to think they are intentionally delaying them to give the Xbox One version more time in the limelight. Why else wouldn't they have sent out the keys?

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am wondering if there isn't some sort of parity clause for this game so that the PC version isn't shown to be totally outclassing the Xbox One version? The comparison videos I've seen of the PC and Xbox One versions look almost identical even done to the blurry sub-native rendering. The only thing I noticed immediately that looked better were the shadows but even then they are only slightly better; it's not a night and day difference IMO.

Regardless, I expect that Remedy will likely add additional options to the PC version at some point like they did with Alan Wake when they added an LOD and draw distance slider which both massively reduced the pop in over the Xbox 360 version.

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    We know they are not above it, we wouldn't want to upset console gamers :rolleyes:

It annoys me to no end that some devs purposely gimp their PC versions to placate the console player base.

Horrendously bad form.

4. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    The game looks fun and I would get the game but I am never going to buy an Xbox nor get Windows 10 (even when they fix that version)
    Your lose Microsoft.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I don't think so, the only problem is that MS wanted the game to be out along with the console version, and there was no time to polish and bugfix it.
    Another example: when you start the game you can read "do not turn off the console when the game is saving". LOL. And still, no statement from MS and/or Remedy about it.

It is really a shame, because gameplay wise I like it a lot, even if I just played the first stage it really recreates an atmosphere only Remedy is able to deliver, that personal touch which makes you understand who worked on the game.

Anyway, i uploaded three PNG@4K (which is actually 2K+MSAA4X): the game looks gorgeous at my native resolution, but it is totally unplayable.
    https://jd5w5w.dm2301.livefilestore.../Quantum Break 06_04_2016 01_32_52.png?psid=1
    https://upb5qw.dm2301.livefilestore.../Quantum Break 06_04_2016 01_26_56.png?psid=1
    https://7lqhog.dm2301.livefilestore.../Quantum Break 06_04_2016 01_32_38.png?psid=1

CPU@4.4GHz, GPU@1476MHz.

6. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Another W10 exclusive, gimped, crappy port? Say it ain't so!

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Wow, i thought Remedy were a guaranteed shoehorn for a cracking PC version of any game, after the job they did on the original Alan Wakes, what happened, even more so, what is happening with these games on W10, is there anybody at MS checking these games before launch. lol

8. SA SYS

SA SYS Guest

GPU:
    GEFORCE GTX 1080 FE
    Any benchmark?!!

9. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Better if we don't see any.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    FAQ
    http://community.remedygames.com/forum/games/quantum-break/260554-quantum-break-windows-10-faq

11. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    Jack looks like a pirate.
    DRM might've accidentally triggered. Reboot the game and eat a lot of vitamin C.

huhuhuuhuhuhuhuhuh

Can I limit my framerate?
    The game supports 60fps and the framerate is based on your system resources. Capping the framerate isn't supported.

WTF :puke2:

12. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I don't know why the game is so expensive in SA. If i buy it in US Dollars it works out to R900 but if i buy it in the SA store is cost R1299? WTF? How do they get to this price i don't know?

The difference is $26.

13. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    worst or not, the PC version looks like ****.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    lol, i just checked the windows store, it's 70euros from my country. No-way haha...!!

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    646 SEK...FU M$
    Should be 350 SEK at best since it's exclusive and all.

16. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Only by M$crosoft™.
    A crappy, W10 exclusive game that hasn't even been tried to be a quality, sorta decent port.

Sorta makes me laugh and sad.

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    119usd for me.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    lol

I'm glad MS is charging an arm and a leg for this mess, it will keep a lot of people from buying this :p

19. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    its a complete mess, the camera and walk movement is jerky and stuttering even on the lowest settings at 1080

what are people using to measure fps in?

20. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    We have turd apologists everywhere. I mean whats why GFWL was alive for as long as it was.

I'm not even going to bother with a 120$ 10hr campaign. Thats what youtube is for.