Quantum Break coming to PC - DirectX 12 only - Screenshots - Specs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 11, 2016.

1. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Why do people comment on the fact that FuryX has 4GB of memory!? I played games with maximum texture settings at 1440p and had up to 2GB less of vram used compared to gddr5/competition. Stop worrying about FuryX memory. HBM is not GDDR5.
    Rise of Tomb Raider is a pile of crap when it comes down to memory utilization. I really doubt it uses HBM as it should, it' the first game that uses 3.9GB of Vram on my Fury.

On Topic. Stop comparing console hardware and console game development with PC's. The reality is that you need 2 times the power to run the game at console specs. And the better the game looks the higher the PC specs.
    Also probably without dx12 features this game will be unplayable on PC's. (But this is just speculations, we shall see)

2. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2060 S
    A russian site called gamegpu.ru measures VRAM usage. nVidia's GPUs uses more VRAM than AMD's GPUs.

6GB to nVidia is equal to 4GB to AMD.

http://gamegpu.ru/rts-/-strategii/xcom-2-test-gpu.html

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-test-gpu.html

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    To be fair, my cards have got GDDR5 and still can play Shadow of Mordor maxed out at 1440p with HD textures and around 80 fps. ;)

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Guess Remedy saw this thread and thought things are getting out of hand fast... ;)

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You could say, they... :supercool Remedied the situation.

*CSI Miami theme*

6. stat1cx

stat1cx Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    Yeah, TR in some places uses 7.4 GB VRAM on my 390, there is definitly something wrong.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    :heh:

F*ckin Horatio! ;)

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    True but so is Fable Legends.

9. main_shoby

main_shoby Maha Guru

GPU:
    980Ti Qnix 2710 96Hz
    lol, he is trolling :D
    Don't take it seriously fellow guru3dian! Even if you take his comment seriously, your machine does not fall into pentium 1 category he is trolling about.

10. edilsonj

edilsonj Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2060 S
    Perfect timing.

:)

11. TBPH

TBPH Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 3.5+.5GB
    I'm talking about the 144Hz part. You are not going to get that in modern AAA games with a single 980 Ti. It's definitely a 1440p or midrange 4k card, but at the same time you shouldn't underestimate how much power it takes to drive 1080p 144Hz.

12. TBPH

TBPH Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 3.5+.5GB
    Okay, now the specs make sense. Still seems like it might mean a 980 Ti for ultra at 1080p, though. Then again, the last time I saw an "ultra" requirement stated was Arkham Knight (980 for ultra 1080p, which was and is true), so that may be why I felt that way.

13. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    im surprised that no one has commented on the fact that Shawn Ashmore (X-men Bobby/Iceman and Aaron Ashmore's twin brother) is the main protagonist...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  14. BroDragon

BroDragon Member

GPU:
    gtx970sli
    When I got my GSync 24" 144hz monitor I also got a second GTX970. I generally play a heavily texture modded Fallout 4 and have to throttle it at 120hz using MSI Afterburner because the game goes a little mental at 144hz. Memory use at 1080p is between 2.5 and 3gb. When I upgrade my 970s I probably will try for a single card solution because the two reference cards put out a fair amount of heat and fan noise. If I could afford it I would look at a 1440p monitor but a good GSync 27" is still over seven hundred bucks(f**king dentist wants over five grand to fix one tooth). I still think that developers need to use DX12's ability to push post processing onto the iGPU to allow for more mainstream graphics cards to run their games at high settings. If they push their graphics card requirements too high then average spec users won't buy their games.

15. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Let me quote myself from the thread in the AMD subforum:

16. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Dat Wall oF teXt :eek:

[​IMG]
    See more on Know Your Meme

17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Wall of Text Crits you for over 9,000! :D But the TL;DR would be that the minimum recommendations are XboxOne fidelity and they require much "lower" AMD hardware than Intel/NVIDIA one, indicating that the top end ones are products of policy since this is a GameWorks title and a highly optimized console port, from the GCN consoles.

18. dwiewolverine

dwiewolverine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 Ti SLI
    hell no..:gape:

that's really high end spec..

19. Dygaza

Dygaza Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Hilbert hasn't updated article with fixed specs yet. That 980Ti and Fury X are for Ultra.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Might as well put it here too, it appears the game is confirmed now to be exclusive to the Win10 store with all the limitations that entails.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/quant...-to-steam-will-be-exclusive-to-windows-store/