Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 600 and 800 SoCs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by deltatux, Jan 8, 2013.

1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    After the success of the S4 series, Qualcomm has announced the new Snapdragon 600 and 800 series.

The 600 series features an enhanced Krait 300 quad core CPU which is a refined version of the Krait cores found in the previous Qualcomm S4/Pro series. Each core can run up to speeds of 1.9 GHz. The 600 series will also be coupled with an Adreno 320 GPU which is found in the current generation Qualcomm S4 Pro SoCs. Overall, the 600 series is expected to perform up to 40% faster than the Qualcomm S4 Pro.

The 800 series features an enhanced Krait 400 quad core CPU which is an enhancement of the Krait 300 quad core CPU. The Krait 400 CPU supports clock speeds of up to 2.3 GHz. It is paired with Qualcomm's new Adreno 330 GPU with 2x the compute performance of the Adreno 320 and supports 4K resolutions for video encoding/decoding as well. The 800 series also integrates Qualcomm's third generation 4G LTE modem which supports speeds up to 150 mbps on LTE with 802.11ac Wi-Fi support built-in as well. Overall, the 800 series is expected to perform up to 75% faster than the Qualcomm S4 Pro.

Both 600 and 800 series is expected to perform much faster than its Qualcomm S4 Pro predecessor while using less power while still built on the same 28nm process.

For more/source:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/qualcomm-announces-new-snapdragon-chips-are-fast-hell
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/6568/qualcomm-krait-400-krait-300-snapdragon-800

Thoughts?
    deltatux

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    My Nexus 4 is already outdated

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I know.

Mine is in middle of shipping to me and I already feel two generations behind :(

4. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    My Nexus 4 that only exists as an order status is already outdated too lol.

deltatux

5. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980TI Classified
    Tell me about it....

6. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    I want the Xperia Z when it comes out in a month or two.:/ that now feels outdated!!!

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    At least they said that these will launch in H2, that means we have around 4-6 months till we need to get rid of our Nexus 4's for the Nexus 5's.

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    My iPhone is outdated.

I've always taken a liking to qualcomms offerings though. They're great on performance and battery life.