quake4 Xtreme Quality

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BlackFeetNation, Nov 4, 2005.

1. BlackFeetNation

BlackFeetNation Master Guru

does anybody know the commands to put in a cfg to have EXTREME QUALITY for quake4?
    I want to play with it looking good and for unknown reasons i have my settings @ 1024*768 @ Ultra Quality and boy it looks bad! so I am here to see if anyone can make me an extreme qualty autoexec for the rez settings of 1024*768. I know its hard to ask you all this cuz i know i should do it myself but I was hoping others will take the time since they have prior exp with those commands!

* i will post a screenie in a few so you know what i am talking about!

2. BlackFeetNation

sorry guys for the delay i just wanted to load a random level ended up playing for a bit but here are a few pics of what i am talking about! i know its supposed to look like that cuz well... its ultra quality! even high quality does it so i know it has to be a cfg or what not...
    pic 1
    pic 2
    pic 3

3. 2god4u

2god4u Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Leadtek PX6800 TDH @ 420/800
    Dude, that looks no where near Ultra high quality....i didn't put my settings up all the way and it still looks better.

4. BlackFeetNation

ya... thx for the comment but --> I KNOW ALREADY! THATS Y I AM HERE! excuse my outburst... but any suggestions?

5. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    My god your game is ugly, go into the Advanced settings tab under system and see if the main ones say no (bumpmapping, specular etc), if so change them to yes.

Here is a Download link to my cfg's, try these if you like.
    http://stoner.clanservers.com/downloads/CFG's.zip
    (make sure to backup your own just incase)

As a reference, here is a pic on mine on medium (yes it really is medium) quaility.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  6. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    Yep, the pics you posted are buttugly, but you really chose the worst locations for shooting your pics. If you want a good comparison, take some inside buildings, preferably with some reflecting material and some NPCs in it.
    Btw, the "sky" always looks that bad, not matter what you put in!

7. 2god4u

2god4u Master Guru

GPU:
    True, that the outdoor environment was a bad job, but it still wouldn't look THAT bad. :p

At least....not on mine....

8. thewall

thewall Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi Lightning GTX 580 x 2
  9. BlackFeetNation

thx guys for the replies! and yes i know bad location like i said i was just playing and then got into it ended up there! =/ but ya it looks that way no matter what settings or rez i use! so D: its stunning! but I will give the cfgs a try and I do thank you all!

10. Vanadis

Vanadis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 Ultra
    Stoner-Pimp, do you have any tips on how to beat that thing that comes in after you've killed the two spider-like things in the pic you posted? I'm currently stuck there.

11. 2god4u

2god4u Master Guru

GPU:
    You're supposed to be beaten by that guy, then he captures you and turns you into one of them. :)

All p art of the storyline, s'all good.

12. Hajile

Hajile Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d FX 5900xt
  13. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    wow that looks awesome!! nice find Hajile. didn't realise they made one for q4 already.

14. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Isnt there any patch for this game? Or maybe is a driver issue.

Far Cry looked the same with a friends PC and when i updated the game graphics changed to the "really" max settings