Quake Wars Specs / Demo out (download)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CHUCKIT, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800
    I wish I could get my mouse sensitivity higher because it's way to low.

2. Undercova

Undercova Master Guru

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    I agree there, community is HUGE part of online games, and at this stage there is no real communtiy except in clan matches, which affects gameplay too. Also the fact that majority of players don't know the map/objectives ect, hurts the overall feeling of the game.

In ET i only played on 1 server, because i knew 80% of players there, it was much more fun that way.

3. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Alt/ctrl/tilde then type sensitivity 7 or 8, obviously the higher the number the more sensitive it is. I use 7. Default is 5.

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Hey guys, dunno if anyone has mentioned this yet but the demo installs two new services onto your pc, PnkBstrA and PnkBstrB. I only noticed they were installed as services because they were present in task manager before I'd even fired up any games. Apparently this is the new form of Punkbuster (I've been living under a rock for while).

To disable them without uninstalling:
    Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services and set them both to manual rather than auto. You'll have to start them up manually to play QW:ET on a PB server.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007

5. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    I have problem with the demo...

When i play my game crash until 10 min and close... Then my screen become black and i go back to desktop... In taskbar i got a yellow triangle and my pc reboot...

It's not a temperature problem because my video card has only 64°C and crash...

6. me666

me666 Banned

GPU:
    nv1
    that little triangle tells you display driver has stopped responding and has recovered...i get that since the 163 driver version occasionally too...try running NOT overclocked and if you do already...pray to god? sorry, but i know it suxs...

7. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Same without overclocking with lower framerate... lol

It's the only game with this bug for me... I running without problems all others games but this don't work since 1st beta...

Any way?? It is possible to disable the driver recovery maybe??? I think it's a crappy vista feature

8. me666

me666 Banned

GPU:
    nv1
    you can also try to reinstall c++ redist, maybe this helps. and no, no way to disable the driver recovering; otherwise your monitor would stay blank and you had to reboot.

9. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    how c++ redist can help???

And what version of c++ redist i need?

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    its been like that, you mustve been born n raised under that rock. :peng:

but seriously unless you have a slow computer or little ram, you dont need to cut off useful services to manual. back in the day before you moved under the rock, people with less than 2 gigs of ram found it helpful to minimize services and Xp's memory management was technically non-existant. if you have vista, the superfetch does a very good job of handling and priortorizing data on ram.

11. morbias

GPU:
    -
    It's more the fact Punkbuster now installs services in order to function. Seems like a lazy way to stop people cheating in games (and let's not forget that's all it is).

And FYI my rock is very nice.

12. me666

me666 Banned

GPU:
    nv1
    you have no idea of what you talking about so stay where you are...under a rock...

just a hint for you: pb client 1.7 + adminrights + vista = ?

13. morbias

GPU:
    -
    Thanks for reminding me why I don't bother posting here anymore. :rolleyes:

14. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    Hmm yeah, I now post on two other forums, both of which (at present) have mature and decent people aboard. Unfortunately Guru3D's forums are slowly becoming full of pathetic, pus-filled, buboes with no more right to live on this planet than a leprotic fart.

I'll slowly phase out my contribution, my intellect is basically wasted on such simpletons.

15. GAR818

GAR818 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    I agree.

16. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    whatever happened to the days when becoming a member of Guru3d was something special? I guess even Guru3d couldn't withstand the test of time

17. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    As usual the dopey bastards ruin it for the rest of us; we leave, they have nobody to irritate anymore, they leave to go onto other forums to continue their dopey campaign, the forums are left in tatters.

A lot of people are commenting elsewhere, on how these forums are going downhill drastically. Sad but true.

Oh well, I'm already comfortable in my new forums, so I'm ready when the time comes.;)

It's a shame because there are some really great people here, people I share knowledge with and have a good laugh whilst doing that. Unfortunately the greats are being smothered by the stupids.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  18. me666

me666 Banned

GPU:
    nv1
    posting sh*t and getting upset is REALLY so mature...

19. Undercova

Undercova Master Guru

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    People like you are the ones responsible of ruining forums and internet community in general.

Kids, and even some older people are getting more and more arrogant, ruining fun for other mature people.

Anyways this is going off-topic, so clean it up or it will get locked and you get ban.

20. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Any idea for my yellow triangle bug??? I have update directx10 and install c++ redist 2005 but nothing change... My game stills top working and i have a yellow triangle on my desktop... It's really boring... Now i have same problem with the Crysis MP beta...

I have try play without overclocking and problem is same