Quake Wars Specs / Demo out (download)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CHUCKIT, Sep 7, 2007.

1. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II
    That's like making fun of the handicap... you like that don't you?

You clearly haven't read your own posts to see how childish you seem... and have you seen your own pc? that's some poor management (combining a single core 3700 with a 8800ultra? :confused:).
    What's holding me back in this game is actually my CPU ...

JUST ANSWERING THE GUY ... ( look how capital letters make me feel so big :p )

Quake wars seems a bit like BF don't you guys think?

2. The Chosen 1

The Chosen 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 6870 MSI TwinFrozer II
    C'mon, i had to answer him... did you see what he wrote ? :frown:

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'll give it to you, it's opinion. Like I said, didn't mean any harm to anyone.>_>

4. Cameron

Cameron Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4870
    Plays fine for me!

I plan on buying this game, i love the gameplay, its better then bf2, In My opinion. :smoke:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007

5. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    Tried the demo, runs fine, plays fine. I prefer BF2, by a long way.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol i've never played BF2142, but then again i herd lots of peps its awesome etc., etc., well i dl a demo last night, and i must say its really a good game, almost better over qw-et, but qw looks alot better compared to bf2142. So to me both games look and have the same fell, lol i was thinking of actually buy BF2142 cuz its only around 20€, thats not too expensive.

and again that limit cap, it doesn't work here by me when i enter the command in the console it does nothing (in beta i saw the text if i only entered com_unlock_maxfps and it would show me the current active mode but here nada), its actually enabled the way it should be, cuz my fps is never the less around 40 avg, but goes to 30 time to time but that doesn't make it jerky not at all, what makes it jerky is lag, despite my low ping mostly around 35.

7. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    The actual fighting mechanics in QW are far smoother than in BF2 - it's not nearly as jerk and spastic.

That said, I'm not sure which I prefer.

8. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BF2 is more exciting, it gives the player a bigger adrenalin rush, in my opinion. I also think BF2 has a better teamwork feel to it, something that really gives the game an edge. QW seems like a lone wolf game in comparison.

9. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Yes, I certainly understand the temptation to go lone wolf.

I am not sure what my preference is yet, I'm just playing devils advocate, but in BF2, if one member of the team is sufficiently skilled, he/she can often dominate a map leading to a victory for the particular side.

I haven't seen that in QW yet - those players with great fighting skills rarely complete any objectives.

BF2 is kind of a big Capture and Hold... I get more of an objective based feeling to QW.

However, at the moment, unfortunately, it doesn't work. Nobody plays like a team in the pubs, most are out to get their own and it just fails on the people level. I am often trying to build the bridge or hack the generator, you know, the required things to WIN the map, while my teammates are all busy either sniping or jumping about in their jetpacks and whatnot.

10. RemCo

RemCo Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 512MB
    I disagree,Quake Wars is way more exciting then BF2/2142 and that is comparing a demo to a full game.Everyone is still looking how to play and are experimenting.
    Besides that BF2 is old and also has lots of loners and good teamwork is something that takes a little more time,effort and skill then running and gunning around the level by yourself.

11. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think we'll have to agree to disagree then. ;).

BF2 is, in my opinion, the best MP shooter ever made. QW may prove me wrong, the full game might grow on me. But the range of excellent vehicles and sublime gameplay in BF2 make it hard to beat, old or not.

12. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Also keep in mind that majority of players are new or don't have any clue what to do, so it will be bit chaotic and so there won't be any great teamplay strategies yet.

When retail hits the shelves with 11 other maps, and people get to know this game better, it will be much more fun than it is now.

13. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    I was thinking it's just the opposite...
    I agree with you on this one though:
    On topic: This game has some serious issues. It runs worse than it should on low settings, but way better than it should at maxed settings. In other words, there's really no difference between the settings I choose. Same thing happened to me with MoHA demo (although maxed was actually better because of motion blur, I guess) and the original Doom³. Here's the game at low settings. It really shouldn't dip that much, ever, and that's not the only time, it's hardly ever maxed at 30fps.

Now, compare these settings (first pic vertically=settings used with following pics):
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Can you explain it? And to amaze you some more, same thing with maxed settings in the next post (15 pic limit/post).

14. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
  15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Have you got single display mode set in the NVIDIA control panel?

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The D3 engine is really optimized, you have to keep that into consideration. But, if it runs good at high settings, don't complain about it.>_>

17. adam watts

adam watts Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    I still dont understand why they can have a tutorial on how to play this game. I love FPS's but when it comes to games like BF2 and Quake wars, I feel really bored cause I dont know what to do.

18. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    There wouldn't be a reason to have persistent stats if you didn't have persistent unlocks. The amount of XP you have doesn't mean that you are better than those with less XP. Just means you've played more. Though, if they do keep the unlocks you should need more XP to get them. I can get 12 unlocks with only 300-400 XP, and that's in just 3 rounds.

19. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    i get artifacts when i enable crossfire :( anybody knows why ? i have 7.9 drivers

20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Do any of the vehicles or buildings/players flicker or appear invisible with Crossfire enabled?