Quake Champions

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I think it's good to focus on the broad player base but it would be even better to make a really pretty game which has numerous graphic options to suit all kinds of configurations. This instead of making a bland game that has few options.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Seems like a foolish decision to not use idTech6.
    But, there's so much about this that makes me hesitate... the use of which engine is far from being that crucial.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It lacks that id software aesthetic, looks like someone modded Quake models into UT 2004.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I though so too. Trailer dont have that Quake vibe. It also looks similiar to UT. Let's hope for the best.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    To me it reminded me more of the new UT.

Gameplay wise, it does look like speed and run and gun and rocket jumps like Quake, but some characters have different abilities mixed in.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Idk why are they doing that. I dont want some abilities. I just want to pick weapons across the map and blasting each other. Is that so hard?

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Agreed.
    As I said before, the weapon models look... more UT then Quake. They look pointlessly complicated.
    While previous Quake weapons looked simple, yet stylish. These look garish and... meh.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah ive got no beef with with ut, it just feels different in a way my pref and play style doesnt work well with.

Im sure we all agree that the somewhat indescribable (atleast to anyone who inst "pro") feeling of how these founding ips were unique due to their fine tuned similar yet vastly different variables (movement, balance etc) is what made them so successful beyond the dev and aesthetic they were attached to. Even avp 1 and 2 have such a fine tuned style they make modern mp games seem basic, imo.

So with that said, my years of xp tell me, from what ive seen so far, this quake is for revenue, not us.

*been drinking, may not make sense.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Well, Camping Grounds is my favourite map in Quake 3. It kind of gives me that nostalgic feeling, but, the look of the weapons...I dunno. The announcer is giving me more of a 2016 Doom vibe. Could be good, I want to try it.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  12. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT 16GB
  13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Good god I hope you can turn off those one liners.

14. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Jeez Bunny Hop things i hate...
    When can i expect a full release on steam or such

15. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    Looks like a classic mix of Quake Arena and Unreal Tournament. The level looks much more compact than its Q3 version, although that may be because of my Q3 fov settings.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Soooooo obviously you've never played quake before based on this comment.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I thought the same. Maybe he should stick to BF and CoD.

18. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Please don't get this game. The last time guys like you complained they removed bunny hopping from Half Life deathmatch and ruined it.

19. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    Quake is not for the kiddies and people that need to rank up and get special colors and stars to feel special. It's a skill game and it needs to stay that way. I hope this feels like Quake 3 and it brings back that old school fun. Bunny hopping lol

20. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    It's a shame that modern gamers became hooked on low skill ceiling, participation award style FPS titles like CoD and modern iterations of BF. The guy you're quoting is a prime example of this.

The old arena shooters were extremely unforgiving, the level of competition was stupidly high by comparison. The true masters of those games could do some absolutely amazing things, the old trick-jumping videos you can find on youtube are still impressive in my opinion.

I'd love a modern game in the style of Q3, a no nonsense edge of your seat skill based shooter.