Quake Champions

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 13, 2016.

1. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Quake died when ID made the monstrosity that is Q3, old schoolers will understand.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Why is that? I think Quake become what it is today with Q3 Arena.

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I like what I see.

4. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Everything was way OP after Q2 & TA made it worse Quake was all about dueling not FFA & team based sh1te, spoiled it big time.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    https://renegade-x.com

I been playing Fortnite all week, so addicting.

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Q3 mp for me was fantastic having to get used to circle strafe jump, rocket jump time the red armour yellow armour and get to a point where you can out strafe rockets and quad plasma, ffa tdm ctf and all the free mods and maps made it an alltime mp classic.

7. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    oooh. I must be the only one who loved Team Arena...bigger maps and more OTT. Capture the flag! Holy s***!

8. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I have a feeling this game won't do well at release seeing that it is a PC exclusive. At the same time I'm stoked for some new Quake as it's been too long.

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Ye when i saw the Trailer i was like: "Well this sure does go back to the late 90s/ early 00s." Not sure people are interested in that these days. And if they are it wont last very long.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    hmm that video is no way a Quake game.. More like UnrealTurnament copy pasta..

Also looks so lifeless, no atmosphere., idk what they did with ID6 but its just missing something.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    The weapons models, character models... they don't look like "Quake"... if that makes sense.
    As you said, the weapon models remind me of Unreal Tournament instead of Quake.

Also, I think it's a huge mistake to make a Quake game with no campaign.
    I remember id making comments after Q3A that the realized they should've had a single player in it.
    Yet... here they are doing it all over again.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    There is so many class based arena shooters, even more coming. Market is saturated, this has to be unique.

I personally think the success lies in going back to its roots. Simple and fast, its need to be Quake we all love or it will fail.

Also, Damien there is no room for SP, not in this game.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  13. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I agree. It seems this game is targeted at the older crowd (late 20's - early 30's) that played this type of game in their teens. I'm not so sure how that will go over seeing as this generation is more of the Halo/COD/Battlefield type and didn't play the fast paced games like Q3.
    Being PC exclusive might be another nail in it's coffin as well as a majority of gamers prefer console to PC. I'm a bit surprised that id went that route seeing as the PC gaming community is small when compared to consoles.

14. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    PC exclusive decision is sound tbh. Control pads just aren't suited to this game at all. It would just end up being the same as everything else. Staying on PC with keys and mouse is how it's meant to be. Fast and no compromises. This game is old-school, move AND shoot with full accuracy. I'd say many more players can't do this type of game-play, but, you never know. It's still Quake. There is still demand for it if it's done right.

Graphics-wise I do actually think it's too bright, especially considering the 1st trailer. They shouldn't go UT way and should really try and go back to the darker, moodier tones. Kinda futuristic-gothic with neon lights. Oh...and orange. XD

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yeah, i was playing Q3 a long time in ESL with my clan. But i feel you. Its not Quake, Damien_Azreal stated already some things. Im not stoked, but keeping it in mind, tho i think its not gonna end well..i still would prefer Q3 Live over this i guess.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    This game target buyer is not exactly the gamepad+autoaim (FPS "experts" :puke2:) console crowd.

Sure there are ppl "enjoying" DOOM on consoles but that is like using a smartphone with working gloves! :3eyes:

17. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Did anybody see the Grand Finals last night at Quakecon best I've seen for years especially the quake world Q1 final epic match :) .

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    UT won't matter if its free, and neither will this game, if they fail to capture the competitive FPS community's allegiance.

Currently UT4 is going down a very odd path.. there are issues with the engine that haven't been addressed for months and they are focusing their efforts on stuff that really matters nowhere near as much as other things.

Not sure what size of team will be working on Quake, but I sure hope its larger than the team Epic has working on UT4.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB