Quadro 397.64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by tensai28, May 14, 2018.

1. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/134074/en-us

Release 396 is a Quadro New Feature (QNF) driver. QNF drivers provide users the flexibility to try new features made available outside the launch cycle of longer-lived Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE) branches. QNF drivers are tested for workstation environments and are recommended only for those users who need specific features mentioned in the release highlights or release notes.

For the most stable and fully supported enterprise driver please use the ODE graphics drivers downloadable from the main NVIDIA driver download page.

New in Release R396 U1.5

• Added Support for Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Redstone 4)

• NVIDIA RTXTM Technology
      Developer preview for NVIDIA RTX ray tracing technology for DirectX 12. NVIDIA RTX supports the Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR) API on NVIDIA Volta GPUs.
    • Vulkan 1.1
      This driver release provides full support for the new Vulkan 1.1 API and passes the Vulkan Conformance Test Suite (CTS) version 1.1.0.3.

Additional Notes:

• This release is targeted towards early adopters of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. General deployment is recommended with the next Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE) release.

Fixed Issues in Release R396 U1.5

• [Windows 10]: Driver may get removed after the PC has been left idle for an extended period of time.
    • GDI objects increase every time an application queries NVAPI.
    • Event Error 14 appears in the Windows Event Viewer when booting into Windows.

Open Issues in Release R396 U1.5

• [Assimilate Scratch]: The application may crash due to a kernel exception in the NVIDIA OpenGL driver.
      If you encounter this issue, roll back the driver to version 385.90, or disable Deep Color within the application as follows:
      From the startup screen choose System Settings.
      • In the System Settings Dialog, choose the Advanced tab.
      • From the list (under Graphics) select “OpenGL: Disable ‘deep color’.
      • Click the Boolean button to turn the setting on.
    • [Quadro M6000][Quadro Sync]: Unexpected flashing may appear on the display connected to the second GPU.
      Please consult your NVIDIA support team for details on resolving this behavior.
    • [Multi-GPU Mosaic][Quadro Sync]: Application corruption and possible blue-screen crash occurs when enabling WARP while Mosaic and Quadro Sync are enabled.

AQUILES likes this.
  2. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    So...anyone try these? Impressions?

3. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Yeah, vastly superior image quality and colors.

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20
    [​IMG]

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    To quote username "Ital" :
    This driver is identical to it's Geforce counterpart.

6. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Ah placebo?

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  7. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Thought you guys would understand it was a joke, guess not...

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    There were times when I saw more vivid picture with one old Tesla 270.xx driver (DV was at 50%), and there were few moments when Image (desktop, icons, ingame with driver forced AF) appeared to be sharper with Quadro, maybe those Geforce were more soft then usual.. After this huge "conspiracy theory" one nvidia staff comment saying something among these lines: "geforce drivers tend to look softer, less aliasing"

And since then there was less and less difference between those two, only optimization wise and more openGL/vulkan tuned then DX.

I tested Quadro a couple of times after that and now geforce looks the same, except by AF filtering, Quadro still has less tweaks and looks tiny bit sharper. But sometimes its missing game specific tweaks and instead of looking better, runs worse.

Just my honest opinion and observation trough the past 10+ years.

9. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Okay so the conclusion is: if we are already on the latest whql, there's no point of trying these drivers?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the whole quadro driver iq myth stems from a geforce driver which was broken back in the day, and its slightly older quadro counterpart wasn't.

11. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Could you dig a little deeper into that??
    I am interested in this because I am not sure if I will stay with the Quadro or return to the Geforce.
    So far the Quadro 391.58 is doing great in performance and I haven't seen the IQ drop in the games I've tried, but I may be missing something.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well if its ok its ok, but there are moments where quadro runs worse, trial and error as they say.

AQUILES and tensai28 like this.
  13. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Makes sense. The general consensus seems to be that these are identical to the whql but did you by any chance get the opportunity to try these? Any difference whatsoever?

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    No I didn't, atm still at 397.76 Vulkan, but thinking about returning to official Geforce 397.64 variant.
    Might as well return to these, but I kind of hate that "driver signature" disabling every time I install a Quadro driver.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    jdc2389 and AQUILES like this.