Qnix QX2710 Thread - Overclocking, Colour Profiles.....

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by k3vst3r, Nov 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Varlis

Varlis Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChiLL GTX 670
    It is here! Sitting in front of the new screen writing this.

Have some blacklight bleed, but none too bad. No dead pixel found (yet).

Stand is really wobbly, but can survive.

Colors are great! Very crisp! Reflections are quite strong. Very good for my place (dark, no windows in the back) otherwise might be tough.
    96hz running like a charm. But my 670 is struggling to reach 96fps+ in WOW. :D

2. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980TI & Acer X34
    Nice, welcome to the club :)

If you were interested, you could always try to get rid of the bleed by removing amd repositioning the bezel.. may help.

3. Wobbley

Wobbley Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Congrats man! Dammit december can't come fast enough, hope there isen't a newer model by then.

How is the cable Scooby?

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980TI & Acer X34
    As mentioned above, it definitely improved the capabilities of the monitor as before if I went to 110 with stock cable, there were green lines everywhere. With the new cable, there were no lines, but found that there was some image retention.

I haven't tried to fine tune it honestly as I've been happy with 100hz, but I may try to play around with it some more. Between the new monitor, new 970 sli and games, I find I'm all over the place once I get on my rig haha

5. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    thinking of buying 3 Qnix QX2710 monitors to replace my current 24inch 1080p monitors, just wondering how well they would run on my system

specs
    asus iv black edition
    i7 4930
    16gb 2400mhz
    7990 6gb
    1000w psu

or would i need more powerful gpu to achieve decent framerates with been 3x 1080 resolution

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    More GPU power needed for 100hz/100fps+ on all 3 monitors. 3 Titan blacks, deffo need 6GB or more, 980's 4GB is not enough on 256bit bus. Wont be smooth. Wait for GM200 and buy 3 of these and your good for 3 screens at 100hz/fps+

7. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Thinking of picking up one of the Qnix screens in the new year, any suggestions or recommendations? I'm looking for something with DVI-D, Display Port and HDMI but little unsure.

8. fisher6

fisher6 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GTX 4GB
    I made the decision to upgrade from a 1080p to a Qnix 1440p to fully take advantage of my new GTX 970. I spent the last few hours reading up on the do's and the don't. I won't be getting the SE or True10 version, instead I'm looking for the "more" overclockable version. I also prefer a glossy display. Before I order, I just wanted to post the ebay and get it checked in case I have missed anything.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QNIX-QX2710...6284?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1e9336ba5c

Do you guys think the price is reasonable? I found another link with Pixel Perfect that is a bit more expensive but I doubt this would make any real difference.

Thanks.

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    This is a good one. Pixel Perfect is generally a waste of money. One bright user in here, AlanM, has made a good point that if Pixel Perfect is doing what it's supposed to do, as in having the sellers filter the panels to see which ones have less dead / stuck pixels than others, other faults are likely to come bundled if these panels have been graded as lower than A+ and have made it to second-grade displays (although I doubt these panels aren't every bit as good as their branded equivalents) for particular reasons (one of which is dead / stuck pixels). Remember, monitor panels are made in batches, and some as tested to determine the grade of the batch. Many of the panels might be as good as A+ batches, and some panels in an A+ batch might be defective, so it depends.

That is IF the Pixel Perfect policy is good. accessorieswhole's was good last time I checked. They knew the difference between dead and stuck pixels. Most other sellers allow up to a certain number of "bright" and "dark" pixels, and some fail to distinguish stuck pixels (can be probably fixed using an RGB flashing tool) from dead pixels (dead, hence cannot be fixed).

Glossy is good, as long as you know that it's glossy and will cause reflections if you have it in a brightly lit room / in front of a source of incident light (sun, window, artificial light). It will appear clearer and more vibrant than a matte display, although the semi-glossy matte coatings are pretty good on the Qnix as far as matte coatings go. The monitor takes on a glassy look from the sides.

10. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    ok i have been reading here and i am very confused on where to start when it comes to overclocking my monitor. I also would like to know how to change color profiles and how to know which ones are good for my monitor and my OC.

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Download CRU from google (Custom Resolution Utility) + the ati pixel clock patcher which will be in the same link/topic.

Then download yasamokas color profiler/keeper.

12. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Deathchild I downloaded CRU and did the patcher ... I did not touch any number but i set it to 96 hz but i do not know how to set the res after i make the profile and I have no clue even after reading what the other numbers do ... I am at a loss.

ok restarted went to res options in windows went to advanced and chose the hz... 96 is stable and 100 is stable ... 110 is a no and 120 even worse.

so 100 it is for this monitor unless the timings need to be adjusted which i have no idea what im toying with ...

any suggested timings?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You just need to try to lower them. Start with lowering 4 each for example, then reboot, if doesn't display, then you can try 2 instead and start lowering each timing 1 by 1, by 2-4. That's how I roughly did it until I got those timings. With a few you hit walls sooner.

Here's how it looks for me for example, I outlined the timings that I've lowered.

[​IMG]

14. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    i DO NOT NEED A RUNDOWN OF EACH TIMINGS MEANING BUT WHAT DOES LOWERING OR TIGHTENING THE TIMINGS DO TO IMPROVE MY VIEWING EXPERIENCE? sorry about the caps

I copied your timings and i have a perfect pic so far.

15. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I don't actually know what it does but I know it's good lol, ask yasa for that. :D

So my timings work? K lol, it good? XD:D

16. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    lol thanks again

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you need to tighten timings to achieve lower pixel clock when overclocking. if you didn't tighten timings your pixel clock would be too high and you could suffer artifacting and otherwise unstable overclocks. Most of the time you'll be ok just using LCD - Reduced timings.

In Layman's terms ^

18. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Thanks eclap.... so is a 100hz a good number to reach?

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'd settle for 96hz, seeing as it's a multiple of 24. or go all out for 120

20. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    110 and 120 both gave me heavy green banding.... so i went to 100. i gvuess i will go back to 96