QNAP Vinpower Digital TVS-882BR Blu-ray NAS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    QNAP partnered with Vinpower Digital, a leading supplier in Optical Disc hardware and media solutions, to integrate Vinpower's industrial-grade blu-ray optical disc drive for the TVS-882BR Blu-ray NA...

QNAP Vinpower Digital TVS-882BR Blu-ray NAS

2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    QNAP is really firing on all cylinders with this product cycle.
    this nas isn't just great for archival purposes - it's great for the home entertainment environment and simplifies video libraries without added equipment. again they eliminate the need for most purpose built home nas at a very competitive price - and without the whole hassle of installing an o.s., updating bios, having to buy a case with a 5.25" drive, etc...

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The cheapest model with blu-ray drive is $3,000 on Amazon. I like Qnap products and own a standard 4 bay NAS that I use for all my DVDs/BluRays but this is way out of reach for most people. The NAS I have with 4 HDD's + cheap PC to rip the movies can be had for half the price of this device.

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    true.
    but there is an application that makes a large amount of sense for a particular market - high end home automation (smart homes). there are a couple of vendors selling even more expensive electronics (same function). while this may be $3k, the GUI and OS do not require command line to operate, unlike the market leaders (in the U.S. at least). along with an internet connection, a phone, and a receiver bought from any one of several brands you have true multi-room home automation (plus a couple of hundred dollars worth of relays and switches and wire - or Sonos). On the cheap with touchscreen interfaces/remotes. instead of starting at $20k