QNAP Response Towards Cisco Claim VPNFilter Malware Infections

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    "Cisco’s Talos cyber intelligence unit has high confidence that the Russian government is behind the campaign, according to Cisco researcher Craig Williams, because the hacking software shares code with malware used in previous cyber attacks that the U.S. government has attributed to Moscow.."

As Wikileak pointed out via Vault 7 document, quote and unquote, "CIA has the ability to modify the code to look like it's from Russia under CIA codename 'Umbrage'." (1,2). The whole Russia things is just an excuse to go to war. It's not gonna happen, #deepstate really frack this one up.

Source
    (1) https://www.wired.com/2017/03/wikileaks-cia-dump-gives-russian-hacking-deniers-perfect-ammo/
    (2) https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

There ya go. Don't repeat the same mistake because dogs don't fall for the same trick twice. Maybe for Trump and EU, LOL!

-Tj- likes this.
  3. floppyedonkey

floppyedonkey Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G

You forgot to take your meds again, remember what happened last time I had to bail you out of the mental hospital.
    Might be time to double up on your dose.

4. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    A nice relevant response, carefully crafted to make a solid point....
    Triggered much?

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I am. On one side you have multiple highly qualified teams of researchers, across multiple different countries, tying the malware to previous russian government cyber-espionage. On the other side you have a leaks site known to spread propaganda for the russian government, with no qualifications in malware analysis - but suddenly i'm supposed to believe them because they have a document that says this might be the case even though hasn't been linked to this particular piece of malware through any known source/channel.

Soon as you start writing #deepstate in your post you lose credibility in my eyes. Come up with verifiable sources from credible outlets and I'll take a look - otherwise put the tinfoil hat on and go back to the faraday cage. Until then I'm going to trust the independent researchers and governments of countries that don't kill their journalists in mass in order to appease it's oligarchian overlords.

6. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Anyone who still believes Wikileaks is an idiot.

floppyedonkey likes this.
  7. floppyedonkey

floppyedonkey Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G
    Thanks I did put in effort, if I hadn't I'd sound like you a disgruntled geek.