QNAP Launches High-Speed TS-431X3

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    QNAP launched the quad-core 1.7 GHz TS-431X3 NAS. Featuring 10GbE SFP+ and 2.5GbE RJ45 connectivity, the TS-431X3 enables businesses to deploy a high-speed network environment to meet data backup, rec...

QNAP Launches High-Speed TS-431X3

2. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    I'm guessing that it's not the target for this model, but... the AnnapurnaLabs AL-314 seems to be quite weak, right?
    Wouldn't an Intel J4125 be the bare minimum right now, specially for such a high bandwidth capable NAS?

Personally I think I'll end up going for a Synology DS920+ solely because of the SHR support (why the heck does no other brand have anything equivalent?), but... I've got to say, HW speaking, QNAP and ASUSTOR usually have much better price/performance than Synology.

3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    as an ex-QNAP customer (8-bay) I wouldn't buy one again, quality has gone down in the latest models, the old ones where all metal and managed to tame the noise of even 8x12Tb down to an acceptable level now they are mostly plastic,the cpus are too weak..meh..this is a brand that really feel like they do zero research and upgrade to their hardware, the recent 10gbe asustor (that sadly seem to be a ghost product for me, can't manage to find one) look like a better alternative in 2020

sorry for the maybe obscure comparison but QNAP reminds me of Subaru and Mitsubishi, both of which stopped making sportscar (owned an sti and evo irl) because they never worked on making newer less polluting engines compared to european brands some companies do as little as they can while and "pull the rope" until it snaps

SFP cables aren't exactly cheap either, doubt people who have an SFP network would use such a "low end" case doesn't seem to ba an existing market to me, should have been 10gbe ethernet

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020