QNAP announces QBoat Sunny Single-Board IoT Mini Server

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 15, 2017 at 8:34 AM.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. NEOAethyr

NEOAethyr Member

GPU:
    4x 4gig G.Skill [F3-2400C
    Now this is interesting...
    I've been waiting to see some decent arm boards with multiple ethernet ports.
    So i can make my own router setup with qos that actually works...
    Not that I need it anymore, but in the recent past I sure as heck could of used it.
    You tell someone to limit there bandwidth, and what do they do?, they shotgun there wifi, so I blacklisted all there devices except for one each lol.
    People sometimes... :rolleyes:

Anyways I don't know about this brand and support, but I'de definitely like to see more of these.
    It would be even better if it was a pascal tegra.
    'Who need's a pc?' lol, that's pretty much what it would be like unless you needed to game or do some heavy processing.
    I need to get a pi3 sooner or later to play with, it just sucks it only has 10mb ethernet.
    Can't do a raw capture at 1080 even with that low of bandwidth, has to be compressed :\.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    This is a really cool product. Depending on the price, if this were released a year ago I'd have definitely bought this for my home server. It pretty much has everything I was looking for, though, I wonder how much of the OS you're allowed to tamper with.

4. fredgml7

fredgml7 Member

GPU:
    HD 7770 1GB
    I have a Pi3, and If I'm not mistaken It has a 100 Mbit/s ethernet.
    Pi3 is such a great board.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    For roughly the same price, get an ODROID-C1+, and you'll get Gigabit ethernet. CPU is worse though, and GPU drivers are limited.
    Spend a little extra for the C2, and you'll get Gigabit ethernet, a CPU better than the Pi3, double the RAM, and 4K@60Hz. GPU drivers are still crappy though.

There's a lot of great stuff out there for ARM. Don't limit yourself to the RPi.