QLC NAND production facing yields issues (50%)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There is an industry effort to make NAND flash storage as cheap as HDD storage per GB. We've talked about it many times already, the next big step in NAND development to achieve that goal is...

QLC NAND production facing yields issues (50%)

Silva likes this.
  2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Rushing too fast, wile not capitalizing on old working tech.
    TLC works fine, why make shitty QLC? At least let the tech mature and get more write cycles out of it.

3. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    In other words increased demand for TLC NAND and shortages equals to price increases.
    (price fixing) from all nand manufacturers Samsung Electronics, SK Hynix, Toshiba/ Western Digital and Micron Technology.

Oh man all this shortages price hiking of DRAM, Intel CPUS,Nvidia GPU's and now NAND.
    Intels 10nm issues 7nm process dropped by GLOBAL FOUNDRIES to increase profit on 14nm, leaving only TSMC to cope with all 7nm products.

When is this going to stop? all this price hiking is catching on faster than the flu (well winter is coming!!!)

mohiuddin likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh, they're going at it again.
    First: flash storage shortage due to increased demand.
    Second: new product
    Third: they can't supply due to another shortage

And yet all of them make more and more money each year.
    At this point I'm not even surprised by such "news" anymore, it's what they do to keep their revenue high, instead of offering attractive products.
    Only reading that this news comes from the companies themselves makes me inheritly not believe this is true and the real reason for any shortages.

5. Seikon

Seikon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8g
    BS , incoming price increase again , they really like that 80%+ profit of everything these days , i hope one day this will end up bad for them.
    Anyway thank god i am good on components and don't need anything really for years to come.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    The only thing something like that will ever be a problem and bite the manufacturers would be if there's some competition. Won't ever happen with that cartel of flash chip manufacturers, since they all are in on it.