Q2 2018 add-in board Graphics Card report shows declining market

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    No, not when you already own a 1070.

With the pricing, 20XX series aren't worth it for any 1070-80 owner. Unless you obviously have to much money, but I mean for us mere mortals.

2. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    no i have very little money but enough for one upgrade :)

3. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Nope. Unless you are that desperate or have a crap load of money you want to throw out of the window.

4. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    ok ty for your replys :)

5. devastator

devastator Master Guru

GPU:
    rx7900xt sapphire
    well even gtx 1070 didnt match last gen ti so no chance of it matching currant one but rtx 2070 does have 256bit but thx to gddr6 is only just short the gtx 1080 ti in memory bandw 448gb vs 484gb

6. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I don't think you guys really understand what is going on here. Everyone raised hell over nVidia releasing a cut down chip and then a year later releasing the full ti. What they've done now is essentially what the complainers wanted them to do in the first place. nVidia has segregated the Titan series from the gaming cards which now have their own category and are no longer considered gaming cards. And now instead of releasing a cut down card, followed by a Titan, and then slapping Titan owners in the face by releasing essentially the same core but called the 'ti', they have now restructured the lineup so from the start we have a full top down lineup of products. Titan is now the 2080ti and at the same $1k price point of previous titans were. then you have the 2080 and other cards below that. each at the same price point we had in previous generations.

Here, this goofy guy explains it better than i do.

Babel-17 likes this.