pure ATI drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by timtimtim, Apr 24, 2011.

1. timtimtim

timtimtim New Member

GPU:
    x1200
    Is it possible to download just the drivers from somewhere? For me, Control Centre, Install Manager just get in the way; they don't always work either (especially Install Manager). The best I can do at the moment is 9-1_xp64_dd_ccc_enu.exe as this is the latest Install Manager-free build that works on my hp6715b (9.4 thru 9.10 are install manager free but don't run thru setup correctly). Hope someone can help.

2. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    Sure you can dl the driver from the ati website (individual downloads).

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Welcome to the forums timtimtim :)

Im not 100% sure on this, but i think what you can do, if you just want the drivers is, instead of running the install when you download the drivers, you could right-click it instead, and extract them (to get all the files out without installing), then go to the Device Manager, and update the driver through there, by going Update Driver, browse through my files/have disk (or whatever it is), and pointing it to the driver file that you have just extracted.

EDIT: As above as well, forgot about that, you can download the driver on its own from the individual downloads.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  4. timtimtim

timtimtim New Member

GPU:
    x1200
    Thanks, chaps
    I learnt a lot today! I used 7-zip to extract the required driver files from the standard driver .exe downloads and Device Manager to install/update the driver. I kinda learnt how to read .INF files. I also learnt that 9.3 was the last driver to support x1200 (by reading the INF files). I also learnt that you can use the 64-bit audio driver (ADI SoundMax) from IBM thinkstation S10 on the hp6715b (yeah, that was luck).

Hurrah! XP64 on hp6715b.

5. onemoar

onemoar Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    huzza slow system is still slow

6. Scyphe

Scyphe Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 6GB
    Yes, you can download the driver only from AMD.com if you select "individual downloads".

Display Driver 70 MB 11.3 3/29/2011
    Description:
    Package includes:
    Display Driver Only