Purchased Creative G6 External DAC/Amp

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Chastity, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It doing 24bit 192KHz stereo would make me think it can easily beat 48KHz.
    Unless you are talking multichannel.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    multichannel

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    He is downmixing to stereo though.
    A bug in the software perhaps.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    If the setting in the Windows audio panel to use multichannel for the G6 optical out is set, that will be the cause, worth checking.
    My Auzentech Prelude (an upgraded X-Fi) had this, it would always encode to 5.1 DD even when playing stereo, until I set it back to stereo.

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    i tried all manner of combos, enabling Direct SPDIF-Out, etc. No love, always 48KHz.

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    FYI: Firmware 2.0 for G6 released today.

Fixes:

• Support GameVoice Mix on Sony PS4
    • Fix Mic cut-off on PS4 in prolong idle time
    • Audio cut-off in Direct Mode
    • Support Noise Reduction for Microphone input on Sony PS4 or Nintendo Switch
      While in sidetone mode (volume LED is in RED color), double click the master volume button will turn ON or OFF Noise Reduction
    https://support.creative.com/produc...me=external+sound+cards&catname=Sound+Blaster

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Sound Blaster Command for G6 (Public Beta)

Hi all,

We are pleased to announce the following Public Beta release for Sound Blaster G6 owners:

https://creativetechltd-my.sharepoi...JJrOX5Lj49sSIBGZwsRp8Ae52FGfdxZ931yQ?e=bO8q0l

NOTE: Before running the application, please type file name with parameter /External
    eg. USBCMDMasterInstaller_3.4.84.00 /External

Please keep all related feedback/comments to this release within this thread.

Thank you.

(Editor's Note: Allows for setting bitdepth and samplerate for Digital Out, and Windows will operate as such, but the SPDIF Optical Out is still hard limited to 48KHz out. You also lose the Voice Morph feature. You can run both side-by-side, if desired for some unknown reason.)

8. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
  9. Nvidia256

Nvidia256 Member

It seems the Final release is delayed. Collin was saying back in the mid of August that they planned to release the Complete version of Command in mid September. Do you have any new info on when they plan to release it. I can only hope this resolves the constant cutting off of sound that so many people are experiencing with the G6. I even went as far to check my MSI with the Utility.

10. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    No info on that yet, I get most of my info from the Reddit source.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  13. Robox1

Robox1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX670
    Guys I need some help. I connected the G6, via line out (jack 3.5 - RCA) to an integrated amplifier, to which I connected a bose 2.1 system and headphones. Yes, with the drivres installed and without, headphones they sound correctly but the speakers do not, in practice the bass does not come out, even if there is minimal sound from the subwoofer. I've been playing around with the settings a bit but nothing fixes this problem. Do you know what I can try?

14. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    The output from the G6 is strictly 2.0, so you need to have your Bose system do Bass Management.

15. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super

16. Pongpak Tech

Pongpak Tech New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 4GB Mobile
    First of all thanks for the very in depth review! Amazon is delivering my G6 later today!

I had 1 question regarding this:
    Would that mean the G6 can't output 5.1 audio through the optical out if I used USB in from the PC with DD 5.1 or 5.1 PCM content?

17. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi Pongpak Techh,

Don't for get to update your firmware too G6_Firmware_V2.0 or you will run into problems especially on windows 10. All so when you update your drivers it mite work/mite not but don't worry for some reason when you start the app it should tell you there is a driver update for windows 10, just the driver i think it was 465kb. Yes it's a very good sounding DAC lots of things too play with. It defaults too 7.1, USB in from the PC with DD 5.1 or 5.1 PCM content it should but i am not sure

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Correct. The G6 is not enabled to output Dolby Digital Live, as it is not enabled on the drivers. It can output a HRTF 2.0 mix of your 5.1 and 7.1 content. It should be able to stream DD content over toslink, tho I never had a reason to do so.

The SPDIF implementation is limited to PCM 2.0, and caps at 48KHz sampling rate.

19. LegionOfHell

LegionOfHell New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I am looking for a DAC to pair with a Liquid Spark amp...

I initially settled on the Creative G6 DAC because it is more than just a DAC and it has tons of features that the other DACs lack...But I have heard that it had clipping problems .... is this true ?

Does the clipping occur when you plug your headphones into the headphone jack or does it occur when you are sending a digital/analog out through the line/digital out jack ?

20. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I haven't had any clipping issues using the DAC, tho maxing the amp will compress the dynamics somewhat. If you raise your EQ too much then you may experience some clipping. The only issue I had was the device dropping out, especially if I moved the device. My solution was replacing the stock USB cable with another one I had laying around.