Experimenting with surround audio to my headphones was somewhat derailed due to the fact that I cannot configure my X-Fi USB HD for 5.1 in Windows, and thus do the simulated surround with Dolby Atmos for Headphones. Shame really. If the game supported selecting an audio config, like Diablo 3 can, then I can get it working. But most of the games I play use Windows to handle that, and thus fail. So I decided it's time to replace the 116dB USB HD. It's worked well on my hi-end headphones as I have an external amp, the Headroom Supreme. I've always used the Line-out ports since they output higher amperage than the headphone port (1A vs 2A RMS) which I thought was a fail on Creative's part. So I shopped around, and found it on Amazon for $139.90, so I decided to go for it. It supports a 7.1 config, 130dB DAC, and the bi-amp (X-AMP) setup should be interesting to test on my Senn HD580 and Sony MDR-SA5000. If I can eliminate the need for the Supreme amp, I can reclaim some deskspace. I went with the G6 vs the Sennheiser GX100 due to the fact I have hi-ohm headphones, and I'm already used to the SBX software. More when it arrives.