PT boats: Knights of the Sea Clip

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Wow .. it's been a long time since I heard from this title.This is some new in-game action footage from the upcoming naval sim PT Boats - Knights of the Sea.

More...

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    lol i totally forgot about this game.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    LOL..PT BOATS..man..its a bit..interesting. lets see what we gonna get as final product.

4. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Row row row your boat?

5. unrealtincan

unrealtincan Member

GPU:
    XFX Core 216 Blck Edition
    ^ that sir, is awesome! LOL

and yes, life is but a dream. :nerd:

6. Balderdash

Balderdash Member Guru

GPU:
    980m
    I like the idea of a PT boat game, I especially like WW2 era ship to ship, ship to air and air to surface combat, etc., being an old navy guy myself, it just has a certain appeal to me. And I truly hope this game is successful so that the genre is encouraged.

That being said, the video here was entirely unimpressive. The physics of the how the boats and ships cut through the water is wrong, the boat trails in the water is wrong, the smoke trails from the ships is wrong, the waves look wrong, the water explosions are wrong... I don't know. It's disappointing that they can't get the interface between the water and the ships 'right' or aleast represent the way they really move in the water. It hardly looks better than what they had for graphics five to eight years ago... the genre isn't improving like the rest of the computer graphics are, I don't know why.