1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSP problem: An internal error has occured (80410A0B)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by joshd28, Oct 19, 2007.

1. joshd28

joshd28 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD2900XT 512/XFX 8600GT
    i brought a wireless access point especially for my psp to connect to the net, now i get this error: An internal error has occured (80410A0B). When i scan for a wlan connection i always get that error. The wlan switch light never lights up either. What's wrong with my PSP? how can i fix it? are there any processes to fix this?

I've looked around on google, and seen it's a problem a few people get, but most people never are able to fix it.

I've tried;
    restoring to defaults
    formatted my memory stick
    restored with/without UMD and memorystick inside
    removed battery
    tried with charger plugged in

what's wrong? are there any other ideas? could it be my router or WAP thats the problem? i have a 54g WAP plugged into an ADSL2 modem/router.

any help would be greatly apprecieated.

thanks

2. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    is the firmware a hacked firmware? if so make sure that the cpu speed setting isn't set to 333mhz, wifi will not work on the psp unless it is at default speed.

3. joshd28

joshd28 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD2900XT 512/XFX 8600GT
    nah, i havent used any hacks or homebrew software etc. on the psp. since there is no wifi light that lights up when i try scan the network, could it be a hardware problem? it's been like this ever since i got it.

4. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Edit: Not the problem I was thinking.

I used to get that error alot, it was my router. I had it set to G on;y and the PSP uses a B connection. Changed it and it worked.
    Some say it works without the mem card in but the error returned when they put the mem card back in. Faulty mem card.
    One person said it worked after they turned off the PSP (not stand-by), switched off the WiFi switch, turned the PSP back on and then turned on the WiFi.
    Then again your's could just be borken.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    have you tried to upgrade the firmware yet ? you can do it from the mypsp.com website by connecting your PSP to the PC via USB, you should get full instructions on how to do it from there.

6. Broken Haiku

Broken Haiku Member

GPU:
    AMD 280x 3GB
    if I'm not mistaken totally, this error is a bug in the latest firmware. Basically it just means it can't find a network. This bug only shows this error message instead, so for some reason it cannot see your router.

7. joshd28

joshd28 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD2900XT 512/XFX 8600GT
    i've tried all those suggestions, still no success. I tried my Wireless AP on b and g, and also upgraded from firmware 2.6 or something to 3.3 or whatever the latest one is now. So i just took my PSP in to where i got it, hopefully the repair/replacement bill isn't huge :(

thanks for the help anyway.

8. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    1st which Firmware do you have???

If it is the latest then thats the infamous bug. I myself havent experienced it yet because i am using a custom firmware.

9. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    If that were the case, it'd be a (00000001) error. I think the problem is caused by an incorrect WiFi speed setting.

10. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    I know I'm out topic but, what are the advantages of custom firmwares?

11. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    The ability to run homebrew software on the psp example: emulators, mini games general applications media applications etc. The ability to overclock the PSP to run slightly faster. The ability to dump your psp games onto the memory stick and play from the stick rather than the UMD. Much better functionality, and install your own custom themes. Theres probably more but thats the general idea of it anyway.

12. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    With custom firmware you can also use your PSP as a remote control, stream music and video from your PC, play games on your computer monitor, and much, much more.