PS4 Slim kinda leaked

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by kx11, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Check the bottom right picture.

[​IMG]

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    show bigger pictures cause that way to small to see anything not that it would really matter everything is HDMI these days and These days HDTV pass all that info.

Now people that dont have AV unit that supports HDMI i guess that would be issue.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is actual better, yah guess that could issue for some

BTW I hate it when people post pictures that so small that viewing it even on 1080p is pain, Hilbert and Kitguru and bunch other sites do this.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Personal preference I guess. But you get the idea with the second picture. Even more impressive given that they have not even been announced, but are being stocked in stores now.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well ONLY reason I would get PS4 Slim is IF they fixed the Fan from getting faster depened on load and not temps,

PS3 Slim is dead silient compared to the ps4 current none slim builds thought At this point IF i was to buy it again i would get the NEO

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The later models are much quieter than the launch ones. The Jaguar CPU's are capable of reaching high temps without too much airflow.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    They just dont want to admit it they have leak :wanker:

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Slim is being on sale here since days. nearly same price as PS4 ANYWAY.

i have changed my PS4 HDD TO SSD, will it fit SLIM? or why buy slim, instead wait and buy PRO hu? pro has more powerful units in it and 4k. and HDR if ur tv supports it anyway.

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    All PS4s have HDR support. The slim also uses a standard 2.5” HDD/SDD as the original, has 5Ghz Wi-Fi, is more energy efficient and obviously smaller. But there is hardly any point of replacing the original with the slim. The Pro will be an upgrade, but still depends if you have a 4K TV or if they will ever patch the games you want to look/run better on a standard TV..

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    in my hobby room i need space for real. that is why i gone for xbox one to xbox one S. it was OKAY for me. smaller size. less noise of FAN. and it depends on pocket money for sure.

i changed my PC to small factor. it worths too.

i need smaller and less noisy PS4 for sure too. i ordered a FAN system for it from amazon and on vertical stand it still fires its FANS too much. no idea if SLIM is better but they claim it.

Let me make this clear please. enlighten me.

PRO doesn't have better HARWARE in it? games won't play with more AA? or more ram etc.

12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    The Pro has a better hardware for sure (GPU/CPU, same 8G RAM). You can check the specs around the internet. It will use the better hardware to run games at higher resolutions and upscale to 4K and where possible, to run them at native 4K. But that is for new games and 4K TVs. The problem as I see it, is that for standard TVs (1080p) there are very few games (for now) that will benefit from the faster specs and use more AA or other image quality improvements or higher framerates. The list of games so far is small - https://www.vg247.com/2016/09/09/ps4-pro-every-game-confirmed/

Also mind you, the Pro is bigger than the other two models. Not sure how big, but close to the original Xbox One!

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Bigger? Crap. :(

Slim is a good choice i guess. new games. will check list. i thought all games on PS4 will benefit from better hardware like FALLOUT 4 will run 60 fps and better AA. all current tittles i mean.

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Same "footprint" as the slim just "thicker".

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm ps4 pro or new video card... in the end i will probably choose niether h

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    PS4 pro sounds better but your gpu seems so weak too :/ . still go for PS4 pro.

PC gaming is out. CONSOLE gaming is the future. unless you for for PC only tittles .or some flight sims etc.

I love Elite Dangerous on PC. there is XBOX ONE version not available to my region. shame.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Lets say i buy SLIM.

-REMOVE SSD of BULK.
    -REMOVE HDD of SLIM.
    -PLUG SSD of BULK to SLIM, directly.

Slim will boot and continue where i left on BULK? POSSIBLE?

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Hmm, I think it might do a repair, the hard drive contents might be encrypted to that one console

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i guess so too. no easy task again. backup and then restore which will tool 24 hours . ffs.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Nope. Hard drives are encrypted for each individual playstation. you will need to do a backup of an external HDD. Then restore.

Did it recently and it was rather quick. only think it took 4 hours total back up and restore.