PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 APU used as basis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    Looking forward to the appearance of PS4 on the market!
    Sounds as though this will be a kick-a$$ console. :)
    If only I could handle these game controllers a lot better, instead of having to use gizmos like the Eagle Eye Converter. ;)

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    There´s no point in making the next gen consoles with powerfull hardware because console owners don´t really care about graphics. If they did they would all be PC gamers...

It´s more important to make an affordable console that everyone can buy and that´s easy to program so game makers can pump out games easily and fast, just like PS2, that had an amazing gaming library that the PS3 can´t even dream to match.

Also an A10 APU with a dedicate entry GPU is nothing to be embarrassed of.

So bring me my GT6 or 7 and fast!!!

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Agreed.

I am getting the feeling this new generation from Sony is really a short-term console, and possibly an answer to whatever MS pull out of their bag.

Playing the long game is too tricky right now; we got 4K in less than 3 years, 0-LED tech becoming available, DDR4, faster internet, a destablising 3D home market with active and passive, AMD in trouble - the future is too uncertain to plough hard.

Having a modern 60-120fps/1080p console is better than having an expensive tricked-out slab of silicon that can deal with qubits.

I doubt something like the PS3 will ever be developed again, and if it wasn't for GT5...

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I could never have said it better, +1.

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Too high-end. That card is up to 130w or so isn't it?

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    The way SIMs and COD sells, you could say the same about the PC mass market

Very true but anything thats purely a games consol wont sell, i would imagine the PS3 would not have sold nearly as many units at launch if it didnt have a BRD drive and wireless.