[PS3 vs 360] GTA IV

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Vorpal, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Delkam

Delkam Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280 OC farcry 2
    ok o... wait a minute check that and after you will said what you want but i prefer 360.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/213730.html?playlist=popular
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33470.html

i will repeat what i said i prefer 360 version because they made this game on it and we don't have a patch and if we gonna have one, it's only for glitch of physic system and the crash after few mission (Ps3 and 360 anyway)

and Ps3 player a system with 7 core suck anyway. they depend all of other and when a process lag other waiting the information and that's create a glitch like the Getalife at 2:46 .

2. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I find it ironic that this game looks better on my SDTV than on several HDTV`s i`ve tried.

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I tried GTA 4 on an SDTV and it's all blurred out. We actually see no issues from the game. On HDTV, it's all clear, and we clearly see the issues.

I still prefer how it looks on HDTV tho, it just feels clear and beautiful, and can be ugly at the same time (depends on your point of view on "ugly). On SDTV, it's blurry and constant, not beautiful, not ugly.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i remember that some people who downloaded GTA4 for xbox360 in another forum were saying that
    they were saying to the person who gave the links for download...imoa....ofcourse today we know that game engine is made of it..i mean blur..sorry my bad english..

P.S:sorry for slang language, i just wanted to give direct mouth of them.

5. ed218duknut

ed218duknut Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 x2
    Excuse my ignorance, but I really dont understan the xbox 1080p. I dont play much seeing how pc is my gaming platform. I have a samsung 1080p 40", when I plug my xbox in the display on the tv sais 1080p, but im using component video source. Am I fooled. Don't get me wrong it looks awesome just curious. Also I hooked up my pc, games looked ok. but the desktop was horrid and was flashing, just not as good a pc monitor. I'll take a 24" or 30" pc monitor over a hdtv any day. Sry if i went off topic, had a few soda's and just can't stop typing. Also i'm old skool I have a pure rgb (arcade monitor) for gaming and there is no better for 2d games. Of course im showing my age still playing neo geo. Now that is the best console ever made, 13 yrs.

6. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hey dude, it may be that you'll have to change your refresh rate for running your PC on your 1080p TV. Got into the catalyst control center and make sure your refresh rate is set to 60hz, I've found this to solve flickering issues.

7. Vorpal

Vorpal Member Guru

GPU:
    680GTX
    Did I upset the 360 Fanboy? Opps. Sorry about that.

I bought both copies and put a couple of hours in to each one before deciding to stick with the PS3 version because it looked better. If trying both versions on the same LCD and picking the one that looked better makes me biased.... so be it.

I'm holding up two fingers - pick one.

8. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    LMAO nice one.
    off topic : i went to best buy yesterday and i give them my hdtv back since have two year plan with them and since i saw this bad boy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8804911&type=product&id=1206141948451 its better then the 40in samsung i have and cost half less too, which meaning i dont need to pay $2,300 up but $1,300 which is easy for me and its a sony also it have suff that the samsung did not have and its great for the PS3 and 120hz OMG it look better then the samsing i dont know why and anime at 120hz is :banana:+:infinity:

back to topic : to end this chat both games on both system has its up's and down's but PS3 do look and play better on the PS3 gamepad then Xbox 360 but Xbox 360 has the gamescore for GTA IV and does not install 3.3gb of data but in one way its better for PS3 because that the point of the hard drive to make the game play better.

9. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    What's that, PS3 fanboy, did I hit a nerve? Apparently so, if you think that someone calling you out on fanboyism means that he's a fanboy of the opposite console.

When you say stuff like the graphics are "a good deal better", everyone who's got the game on both systems knows you're full of crap.

10. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Ohh men, you are really on 2nd grade...

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    this game is awesome by the meaning of everything. offtopic but..how they produced this game? i mean, this is a HUGE living city..no loading screen when u drive around the city. i know that textures or what ever u call them r not visible until u come a specific point in the game so performance is not dropping to dead. and u u elave that palce , that place disappear from screen in the detail but stays blur.damn my english i cant express my thoughts..i wonder when this game comes to PC how it will run..or minumum specs will be....

12. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    It's still not worth stabbing someone over!
    Anyway PS3 will be better next time if not this time.

13. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
  14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i never can understand FANBOY term...i mean u can be a FAN of football club or a singer but a product? how that is possible.. i mean...if u own a product that is good for u. have fun with it...competitor product is better or worse..it has its own market and customers. people buy something for their own good...i cant see a reason for being a addicted FAN to a product.. dont get me wrong ofcourse products has FAn clubs or FANs..but...not addicted to hate to competitor...HATE is the FACTOR here i guess....i alwyas wish to have xbox360 too..but stlll MS didnt start to sell it in here..there r modded xbox360s here alot but i dont want to pay for that sht. ok ok i talked alot with bad english :\

15. CommandrX

CommandrX Guest

16. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    you are right about one thing, the fanboy word is overused in this (Guru3d forum) and some people don't understand that it's hurtfull to their own reputation to use that word, it seems some of them tend to automaticly use that word in reference to someone who has an opinion different to them

Just as saying ''you are a fanboy and thus your opinion is not valid''
    </vent> sorry this tuco guy made me upset about it (see: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=261979)

17. CommandrX

CommandrX Guest

Agreed, I expect the "fanboy" s@#t from those console sites like X-S and Max****le but not a hard core hardware site like this.