[PS3 vs 360] GTA IV

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Vorpal, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    I think it's ridiculous that this is even a thread. I cant beleive some of you have all 3 consoles and a hardcore PC. That is just insane. I want a PS3 so badly, but i just cant afford it. It doesnt help i get a wii, because i am not 7, and it doesnt help i get a 360, because when Final Fantasy 13 and MGS4 get released, i am going to feel a little pissed off.

I work 250hrs plus a month, but i have so many bills, i just cant afford a console. You guys are so lucky to even have the chance of playing this masterpiece. I have to sit in my dark corner of a dying platform, chewing my nails while whispering eith sweat coming down my face "It will come to PC....Wont it? Yes, it has to.....rjndksfadfhsfhagskgnng!!!!!!!"

2. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Nemes1s ...... well move out of south africa .....

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Oh yes, and just abandon his like shall he?

4. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Look dude you have a good PC and I don't. I have a PS3 and you don't.

It's all about where our priorities go. PC gaming is dead for me. With my PS3, I have the best gaming I ever had in my life.

5. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Either you(him) do it or you shut up

Complaining ain't an option ;)

6. Allegiance

Allegiance Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    GTA IV was never going to be a Xbox 360 exclusive and it was never going to be released early, rockstar have always said that it would be simultaneous world wide release.

1+ vote for PS3 for me, I got both consoles, after sending my 360 back for RROD, I have never bought another game for it, only use it as a MCE extender.

Also, whilst the 360 version gets exclusive content, the agreement is not for permanent exclusitivity. And why would I want exclusive content when MGS4 is just around the corner! :nerd:

:banana:

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  7. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    WOW i never saw any game like GTA IV before because its so real because when i got out of my burning car due of alot of shots, i jump out of my car and hit alot of people when i was rolling on the floor in the game then when i crash into a wall the car door flew & hit me so hard that i died LMAO, ah man that was too funny got owned by a flying car door.

but the game feel more GTA on a PS3 then Xbox 360 because of the controller. when i play Xbox 360 in my friend house the gamepad start to hurt me hand after a few mins of playing Halo 3 or any Xbox 360 games but on the PS3 it feel right and i can play for hours, funny this did not happen when i did not have a PS3.

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I cant believe people are still trying to play the e-penis my versions better than your version card.....now that we actually have the game in our hands the game rocks, no matter what hardware it runs on.

Play it and enjoy it.

9. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    yeah and your ps3 is also probably giving you a blowjob while playing the game right? :rolleyes:

why dont you just enjoy the game and stop trying persuading others into thinking that the ps3 version is superior. after your screenshot comparsion failed youre now having a go on the controllers... whats next... you prefer how the ps3 turns itself on which puts you in the proper mood the enjoy the game fully?!

pathetic really

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    how would that work in multiplayer ? LOL :banana:

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    every night i try to play @ elast 1 hour this game and last night i couldnt..damn i feel bad..Roman, Michael(or what was her name) will be angry with me :D

Anyway, i just didnt like L2 and R2 buttons for aiming and shooting...L1 and R1 is much more suitable for me..And Sixaxis..it works realy impressive on motorbike. when u get used it its much more FUN and real for me..

12. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Agreed.

13. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    1) Who cares?
    2) 360 never had any exclusive rights to GTA4
    3) My PS3 GTA4 looks alot better than the screenshot in this thread, people moaning about it looking crap on a small tv should buy a bigger TV if it bothers you that much.

14. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Have you read the topic of this threat?
    You are being to rude.....and have in mind u have a 360 so i know why you attitude...

Want to make life happy, keep those comments to yourself...and maybe you could be less pathetic on your own....

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  15. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Another thread hits the dust due to bickering fan boys. A shame really.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
  17. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    A thread started by fanboys, run by fanboys and destroyed by fanboys? Sounds fine to me. The natural cycle of retardation.

18. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    i havent said the xbox version is better have i? i only bought the xbox version cause most of my friends have them too to be able to play with them online. it couldve been the ps3 aswell and wouldve have reacted the same way

19. Vorpal

Vorpal Member Guru

GPU:
    680GTX
    I ended up sticking with the PS3 version myself. The graphics overall do look a good deal better. The jaggies on the 360 version do stand out more.

Fanboy? Nah. I own both system. I love my 360 more for it's larger selection of games, achievements and multiplay. But, I really love my PS3 as a media center. If I had to choose one system, I'd kick my 360 out the door. The PS3 is such an superb upscaling DVD player I watch all DVD's on it now (and I own a good HDMI upscaling progressive scan DVD player).

After this PS3 pass, I'll probably restart the game on the 360 and play all the way through again. :) Getting achievements the second time around will probably make it a little more fun to replay.

20. ViolentOpposition

ViolentOpposition Master Guru

GPU:
    PALIT GTX 570
    Clearly completely unbiased.