[PS3] Resistance 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Repo Man, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    And that means what, we don't count them because they don't show MS as you say...."Microsoft is on a losing run now, and it will continue, 08-09 is sony's year. You only have to look at whats coming out.
    ...please.

And i think its a great console as well, that's why i paid all that money for it, but i still don't sit and swallow all the PR BS that they have been churning out, just the same way i don't sit and swallow all Ms PR BS that they spin and that some people here seem to be trying to defend.

To get any of the small minority of PS3 games that has been programmed to upscale to 1080 via software, you have to go into the PS3 display setting and only have 1080 ticked.....if you then put another game into the PS3 that's only 720p the PS3 will then display that game at 576, you will manually have to go into the display setting of the console and tick 720 again, and now we are back square one......the PS3 does a better and simpler job at scaling media than it does with getting a game to scale.

Well i hope you right, if all that raw power has been sitting there since launch doing nothing i would really expect to see a vast improvement in 1080p released games over the next year.

It seems that some here think Sony and the Ps3 are the second coming and can do no wrong....but thanks anyway for you pointless input, it really added nothing to the discussion.

Thank you........and the other game that up scales if you set your PS3 to 1080 only is warhawk.:)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    No. Other numbers are also important, since there is more of the world than USA. In america, xbox is the "home" console, hence why its most popular. The numbers are far different in Europe and Japan, where ps3 IS getting better sales than xbox. So for you only to consider US figures is a bit simple minded.

Personally, i don't give a **** about the publicity PS3 was meant to be shouting. I have never ever heard of them saying all games will be 100% 1080p, so i did not "swallow" their PR bull**** to buy the console. I bought it because it had good games coming out, which I thought were worth the purchase. Isn't this whats it all about?

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I posted those figure to the ludicrous reply to that "Ms and the 360 is finished"....and i never said those were the be and end all of figures......but feel free to post european figures.

Hey just because your not interested in a function that was heavily marketed does not mean we should all just roll over and take it on the chin, and i could live with half of the PS3 games being in1080p, or even a quarter, but not the ludicrous handful that we have at this time........but hey that's why they stuck a 1080p HDMI output in the PS3 and then chuckled at the 360s lack of HDMI on release........don't figure that one.

4. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    After a brief skim through those links, could you possibly point me to exactly where Sony said "every game on the PS3 will output in 1080p without fail" to save me having to read them in detail?

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Is this thread about resistance 2 or whether the ps3 does 1080p on its games??? let me think.........

6. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Heh. Stop taking stuff so personally, for god sake!

I'm not even defending anything. I'm simply stating the truth, but you don't even want to hear that. So you spin what I'm saying to think Sony is the holy grail.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Are you blind or just playing dumb...if you cant remember the Pr spin that Sony was doing about 1080p being the only true gaming format then i cant help you...go and Google it...there are plenty of sites and articles across the web concerning Sony's claims that games like motorstorm or RFOM were full 1080p before launch only for everybody to find that they were not..

But if your going to blindly state that full 1080p gaming was not one of the many feature that were stated then please feel free to do so......don't make much difference to me.

No you were trying to be a smart ass with your pointless comment ......and that's the truth.......of course i wont point out the irony of somebody accusing others of being defence while doing nothing but being defence........oh wait.

But copey is quite right, i apologise to the OP for taking this thread off topic.........but I'm not the only one.

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Was I....

Then why did you state the obvious if you know all about the marketing hype.

You seem to be bitching about 1080 more than anyone right now... you've become so obsessed with it, its almost like a personal vendetta.

9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    This from somebody who's replies in this discussion have been one smart ass comment and every other comment with the 360 is **** variation in it........and your accusing others of being defensive.....as for being obsessed, when does replying to people comment become obsessive.........I'm not the one making one line pointless replies to this thread or pulling other console abilities or lack of them out of my hat as proof of why the PS3 does not have more than a few 1080p capable games......

You the only one doing that....as well as continually taking this thread off topic.

10. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    .... And you aren't?

Seriously... If someone really wants to argue about PS3 not having enough 1080p games feel free to make another post...

This thread is about .... *drumroll*

..............................................................................

RESISTANCE 2

This forum section seems to seriously lack in moderators....

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Really guys, if you wanna talk about the capabilities of the consoles, start ( yet another ) new thread for it. You've managed to take this one way off topic so please, just agree to disagree or whatever and drop the subject ok ?

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Unlike you or vF i have already apologised to the OP about going off topic.

13. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    xp-200

This was your first comment in this thread concerning rfom2.

(Well lets hope this one comes in 1080p instead of only 720p.)

And thats how it all began.

Sorry to go off topic again. But this is why i dislike ms.

http://forums.n4g.com/m_113515/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#113515

And yet ppl after many repairs still continue on with it.

If my tv broke many times, i'd send it back to the company and tell them to shove it up their a$$.

A friend of mine, just got his back from repair. 360 that is.

Basically the hardware is crap, move on.(yes even the elite)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Silly me, i mentioned something about hoping RFOMII would be in 1080p instead of the usual 720p, in a thread about RFOMII.......how could i have been so off topic.

Well its good to see your true colours coming to the surface, and with such style......well done.

15. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    omg you just cant leave it, can you?

:bang::biggun:

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Man i love irony....

17. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    So you can't then, fair enough. As far as this topic (the 1080p "issue" that is) is concerned, I'm out. Pro tip: don't make sweeping claims without having solid sources to back them up. Unless you can find something from Sony that explicitly states that each and every PS3 game would be in 1080p without fail, you have no leg to stand on. Of course marketing were going to imply something beyond the truth, that is what marketing does, common sense would tell you that at that resolution it would take a lot of work to get every game to render natively. You made a mistake thinking that. The end.

I will say that if anyone could do it based on past performance, and this is relating to R2, it would probably be Insomniac (or possibly Naughty Dog looking at Uncharted). Those guys know how to make the PS3 sing for them.

Other screenshots in addition to the ones in the OP. I have no reason to believe these are not real-time on close inspection (looking at the shadows and models primarily):

High res screenshot
    High res screenshot
    High res screenshot
    High res screenshot

18. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Man some people, unless you smack them in the face with it they will claim to their dying breath that your wrong and they are right..........OK maybe you remember this little advert for the PS3 before launch.....this was one of many adverts proclaiming 1080p as True HD.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iq-H12QRzc

Now even a sceptic would say that type of advertising points to the PS3 being a 1080p machine across the board.......nothing anywhere in there about 720p gaming.

Enjoy the marketing hype in these Sony commercials.......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Iq-H12QRzc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRUNyQiNtQ&NR=1

But if you are still think Sony were not marketing the machine 1080p capable across the board then there is not much i can do about that, all i can suggest is you enjoy playing your pS3 games in 720p.....and i will continue to ask where are the 1080p games.

19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Seriously, just please drop it already, not saying this to any one person but everyone who just keep coming back and derailing the thread even after being asked to drop it. If you still keep it up, i'll just pm one of the mods and ask to close the thread since the threads purpose isnt to be a dick measuring contest.

20. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    At least i'll show my true colours.

What are u a 360 fanboy showing your colours, i mean you come in here, waffling on about 1080p. For what exact reason. Maybe Rfmo2 will be 1080p, maybe not. It does'nt matter much. Notice how much ppl care.

So i like sony. That would be correct, i know everything i have had released by sony, lasts. And that is possibly the reason alot of other ppl trust them.

THey came to the game a year late, Said a few things to stir up interest, But never did they say all games would be 1080p. FFs i remember the chat with phil harrison and he stated not all games would be 1080p. He even said alot will be 720p.

But I do know one thing. M$ will finish last, and when they release another console they will be last again. See not much changes. Kinda like the seasons. or the tide going in and out. Try to imagine the tide, relaxing isn't it.

Then switch on your 360, and ouch it's rrod, back to the tide i guess.

Peace:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.