[PS3] Ratchet & Clank Tools of Destruction looking good

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by bahamut, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    its out in the US but over here in Finland atleast its coming out next week if i remember right and that might be the case for a lot of other european countries.

2. StormVR6

StormVR6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti / GTX 650Ti PPU
    I've taken Gamespot's reviews with a pinch of salt for years now. I used to think they were accepting "gifts" from certain publishers/developers to fudge their review scores, I still do.

IGN are far more honest.

3. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Have to agree their, they give great reviews and scores where its due.. Hence why I'm a long serving subscriber :).. They are not biased towards any platform, well thats the impression I get...

4. willvx

willvx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 640/1880
    Yeah, I have to agree...IGN has an excellent reviewing system and are almost always right on the money. Their rating system can be real subltle, but once you understand it, it makes a lot of sense and you can always know what type of game you getting.

For example, there's a real difference between a 8.0 vs. a 8.5, but the difference between 8.5s to 8.8s is pretty small, however the difference from 8.8 to 8.9 is pretty big. A 9.0 is a 9.0, and 9.1s to 9.3s are again small steps. It's when you get to the 9.4s is when things start to change. Anything from a 9.4 to a 9.7 is going to be an instant classic, top-notch game. A 9.7 is going to be a truly epic experience that you'll never forget.

I've been basing my buying decisions on their ratings for at least 5 yrs. and maybe more now; been a long time and 99% I'm not let down. I hardly ever buy 8.9s unless I'm really desperate, and when I do buy the game it's always what I expect..just sorta good. I think the highest score IGN has ever given a game is a 9.8, and that's only been maybe once or twice in it's history.

Anyhow yeah, back on topic, R&C is great and I've really been enjoying it. The biggest problem with the game is not getting distracted by the graphics.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007

5. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    This looks like an excellent game. I wsa really impressed by the visuals, highly immersive. Also very nice 5.1 sound coming over my home cinema.

First I though the little jump-pieces across the rails were cheesy, but then I got zapped a couple of times cos I was obling the lovely surroundings.

Definite buy!