PS3 limitations held MGS4 back

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by skugpezz, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    PCs still can't run Crysis at 60 fps and high resolutions.
    Gears of War doesn't have true HD like most console games don't.
    Saying the Cell is wasted in the PS3, is like saying that intel core 2 duo cpus are wasted in PCs since they're being used to play games. Madden running 30 fps on PS3 and 60 on 360, means ****. EA is just a ****ty company, and really only optimized it for 360.

And everyone who had a hand in making the Cell, Sony, Toshiba, IBM, etc, are all getting money, or losing money to the Cell. It's a partnership. Not one takes the hit, and the others just sit back and watch our product not sell so well in a console. And where is your proof about the XDR ram not being able to push half the bandwidth of 360s?

2. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    hard facts too big for you?

3. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    toshiba made 500million and is still making , ibm mades lots more..sony only lossed money a couple billion..last time I checked pc where personal computers not consoles,,proof of bandwidth ? google is your friend use it, since i dont know what I am talking about..I see mgs4 siad 1080p but after a pixel count it was really 10x7 rez

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    name one game on the 360 thats 1080p....

???

Dont say tennis....or lego...

5. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    there is hardly any or none i think....

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008
  6. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    give up skugpezz its you vs the whole forum

360 can only do 720p from there on it upscales

ps3 can do true 1080p

7. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5700xt 8gig
    This thread reminds me of the ps2 thread when it came out. Man this ps2 is garbage has alot of limitations and hard to code for just like the ps3 and yet it became the fastest and sold the most systems ever of any console. So yeah ps3 has it slow start basically cause there are no real games out right now that people are interested in. When more games come out then your see what the ps3 is fully capable of. Plus ps3 is the only true hd system on the market to play games at true hd thanks to blueray.

8. Bani

Bani Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX
    skugpezz, you are running in circles, in the same mud hole that 100.000 people have done before you. Including myself. Just stop. You can point out specific games and features like graphical capability, yet at the end of the day both consoles end up at the same level. It is not worth getting your ***** dirty over. This has been discussed to the death of accounts on forums around the world, including this one. It just not worth it.

If you do not think the PS3 is up to the task it was made for, compared to PC, or whatever. That is a lost battle, they serve a different purposes, at different price. It eventually boils down to personal preference issue, and that is pointless discussing.

9. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Oooh, Google has answers... I didn't ask for googles proof, I asked for your proof, which you didn't give. And consoles now do more than play games. So, then since the cell is being "wasted" on the PS3, then dual core cpus must be wasted on games.

You haven't given out any real information.

As for bandwidth, 1.42 ghz of ddr3 versus 3.2 ghz of bandwidth, unless the ddr3 memory is quadrupled, the XDR memory will put out more.

10. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock

11. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The 360 ATI gpu uses unified shaders, so of course things like vertex shaders are going to be faster. But other than that, those don't mean much of anything. Only because, the 360 has some features that are faster than the ps3, but the same goes for the ps3 having some features that are faster than the 360. They are so close to comparison. And all of that is just based on certain aspects of memory, and the gpu. Nothing on the cpu or anything else, which where the PS3 gets it's main game is the Cell.

12. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    You are also wrong...

360 Can do 1080p
    Ps3 can do 1080p

ps3 scales Games to 1080p the wrong way
    360 scales games to 1080p the right way

Ps3 can run games native 1080p
    360 can run native games 1080p

it just depends on the game.

Also skugpezz..

i dont get what your trying to prove???
    We all know the 360 Has the advantage With GFX power and Ram power, but this advantage is minimal...so minimal thats why games all look the same.

Are you trying to do a 360 vs ps3 debate?? trying to say the ps3 is a failure??
    Becuase both of those things just wont go here...

1. Ps3 is not a failure...
    2. 360 is not a failure...
    3. Wii is not a failure...
    4. They all account for different things...(mainly games)
    5. Stop calling people here noobs, as they sure as hell know 10x more than you do.
    6. the link you just posted just proves that the 360 and ps3 are on equal playing fields (with the 360 out in front with minimal margins)
    7. You are anoyying alot of people atm...
    8. Stop Comaring the ps3 and 360....one smily fits this statement :stewpid:

13. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    Have you read that link you posted as 'proof'. It's a forum post with theoretical maximums and has a disclaimer at the end saying that the RSX are not final and could change. Hardly the most convincing arguement.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Again your simply posting links because you have no idea what your talking about, your simply posting other people views and rectiting stuff you have read on the net without any idea what it all means, just as long as somewhere in you can can read the worlds....."failed"......"PS3"......."360 better".......

And again your at the name calling, what is your problem, your whole attitude here stinks and seems to be post flame threads, call people names and continue to fan those flames, i mean what is it you want, really what are you looking for in these threads, apart from all your name calling what is it you want.......please tell us......

And as numerous people have told you already you wont find any vs wars here simply because most people here have either had all three consoles, and were here in the first place because they have a PC , and secondly most here are mature enough to admit to the Pros's and Cons of all the systems without resorting to the name calling and pointless posting you have been doing.

So either state what it is you want or give it and us a rest and leave people be.

15. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock

16. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    ffs dude...

i think you need a lesson in reading...Read your own bloody quotes...

All he states is its a tad harder to develop for....Which...again...EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS!!!!!!!

Go Away for a couple of hours and rethink What you have come here to do...because you fail to read anything you post..

17. Bani

Bani Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800 GTX

It is hardly proof of anything really, theoretical performance is a unreliable pinpoint to what to expect. In most cases it does not reflect real world performance. As long as you have real world performance, you really do not need any technical data from their specific hardware to tell if one console is better than other. People are perfectly able to tell by using their own eyes. My eyes tell me they preform suspicious equal, but that is another story.

Edit: I feel wild tonight, anyone want to take a bet that this reaches page 5 before moderators close it ?

18. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    ps3 and 360 are both equal to me...but fans dont seem to think that so here is another article http://www.bruceongames.com/2008/06/10/is-the-gpu-holding-the-ps3-back/

19. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    If all you've got to call people is "fans" or "fanbois", then you have no rights.=\ Because it gets old, and you don't look any smarter or better, or your e-penis size doesn't increase. Just stop it.

20. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    PS3 RSX IS BASED ON THE 7950GT.

GeForce 7950 GT
    Graphics Bus Technology PCI Express PCI Express
    Memory 512MB
    Memory Interface 256-bit
    Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 44.8
    Fill Rate (Billion pixels/sec) 13.2
    Vertices/second (Billion) 1.1
    Pixels per clock (peak) 24
    RAMDACs (MHz) 400

They dropped half the memory, half the memory interface from 256bit to 128bit.

But apparently a few modifications were made. So this is not exact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.