PS3 limitations held MGS4 back

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by skugpezz, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=187351

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Are you in a PS3 bashing mood? For me, the PS3 is the best console I ever owned so far.

If you doesn't suit your needs and expectations, well please don't tell the world by posting whatever PS3 bashing articles you came up with.

3. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    since when passing information around is called bashing?

4. Little

Little Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070S 2.1/15.8
    fanboys ALWAYS get so defensive

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Posting 2 threads with somewhat sensational titles and both putting the PS3 into negative light in questionable areas can be considered bashing.

Looking at the news piece you posted, i find it funny how they make it sound like the PS3 held MGS4 development back. Well if thats the case then why hasnt the game appeared on the Wii or 360 ? Are those consoles not capable enough or would they be holding the game back aswell ? It should read that the "current generation of consoles held MGS4 back", infact i recall Kojima saying exactly that but you know how it is in the world of media where the printed word is for sale to the highest bidder these days ;)

6. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    yeah its bashing :p

7. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    its Kojima, he thinks everything must have everything in it, and he just likes to add random **** to his games...

While he is partly true...yes Current systems are very limitating....the ps3 is more than capabable of haveing a better made MGs4...

If he got rid of all the Stupid Talking he would fit in so much more gameplay :p

8. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    It might be a good idea to actually post information that not months or a year out of date.

As for the PS3 holding back MGS4 i cant really say, i am not a fan of the game itself as i find it has to many cut scenes and ingame movies, but its not a game for the casual gamer, its a game made for fans of the MGS franchise, and the way its sold means that they are all very happy with the finished product, and that's all that matters at the end.

9. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    Looked good and playing great for me.
    Sure it had frame rate issues but it didnt ruin the game in anyway.

I cant see how it held it back, the guy has a 50gb blu-ray disc to cram stuff into, you could fit about 20 FF7's into that space before compressing them.
    So what exactly did he mean by held back?.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't care if it's bashing or not. I swapped out my 360 premium for a 40gig PS3 and all I can say, I'm having more fun playing games on the PS3. Which somewhat surprised me. The fact is that the exclusives are fantastic (MGS4, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank...). And, mainly, MGS4 is the best console game ever made, by far. Nothing even comes close and I'd recommend to buy a PS3 just for MGS4 even!!! if you're not into gaming. This game will change your perspective on just good games can be! I don't care about graphics, MGS4 is the king.

11. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Make it for pc will not have much limitations then

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Well, will he ever? Possibly. That would be cool. But tbh, so far (I'm playing through ACT4 atm) I haven't really noticed any limitations, the game looks gorgeous.

13. Blissed

Blissed Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 320mb
    I think the PS3 limitations that Hideo Kojima has are that the games he has in his head have to limited to match the available hardware. Eventually the hardware will exist to make those games possible, but his ideas will have too. If you ask people like Peter Molynex, Will Wright, Warren Spector and Ken Levine about developing games they will say the same regardless of platform.

Is there a point to this thread quoting articles that are 6 months old and the other one with even older articles without any comment?

14. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    THis can be said of all systems and all games.

Just like carmack slagging the 360 for not having enough space, and not all 360 versions having a hd.

rage - 360 - 3-4discs with full compression.

rage - ps3 - 1 blu-ray disc with no compression.

Space is starting to change things, you can only compress so much, and then the game starts looking worse compared to the other system.

Thats why in 1 -2years xbox720 will be out.

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400

Looks like the OP has a corn cob stick firmly were the sun don't shine(And its shines a lot in Jamaica) about the PS3, if they need to go looking for 6/12 months play old articles to post, then add to that mix no comments and strange post titles.

16. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
  17. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Kojima's a bit of an idiot, MGS1 for me was and still is one of the best games ever but 2 was a letdown, 3 was good, dunno about 4 as i havnt played it, however every time hes a developing the next MGS game for the next new Sony console hes always raving about how mindbogglingly powerful it is blah blah blah

If he wants something really powerful/allows him to create the map sizes he wants etc. then why not just release the game on a PC and STFU

18. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    I started this just to get your opinions adn to learn what I didnt know...I just learnt that 60-70% of the mgs4 disc is uncompressed 7.1 audio

19. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    If your going to start topics it might be a good idea to actually have some type of opinion to post with your topic, dumping links and then disappearing is not what i would getting people opinions, how does anybody know what you want when you have not even bothered to commented on anything you have posted in these two topics.

20. skugpezz

skugpezz Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X Stock
    this is not the problem..the problem is becuase it is something bad about the ps3..and coming from a developer of a exclusive game for the ps3 I am surely going to believe him saying that the cell was maxed until I get proof of him being wrong...try to do that and stop being fanbois

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.