PS Vita Thread

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dchalf10, Jan 21, 2012.

1. H2ea5th7er

H2ea5th7er Guest

GPU:
    no
    Hi,guys.I am new here!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64683449

For those wanting to use Hotmail account with the new vita email app.

4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I bought ridge racer ultimate edition on the psn for 9.99 in the sale.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    How do you sign up for playstation +, do you have to do it through a PS3 or can it be done via internet or vita?

6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    sold mine in June, haven't regretted it yet. For those looking to buy one, Black Friday and Saturday in the U.S the system is $199.99 for those two days. Wi-fi only version I believe.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats a shame, pp is bringing a whole new level of awesome to system that needs a pr boost.

8. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jet set radio demo is fun, suits the vita quite well.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yea, just got Drakes Uncharted golden abyss for free off PS+.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For those that dont know you can now thanks to the 2.00 update when in web browser press and hold L1/R1 then then with finger of your choosing touch an hold onscreen and you'll be presented with a little pointer to make clicking on links easier instead of having to zoom in.

[​IMG]

Hotmail setup for new email app.

http://psvitaforum.com/threads/mail-app-setup-adding-hotmail.10466/

The vita is so...just more worth turning on now wth all the work sony's firmware team have put in, also PlayStation plus. If the Vita had launched in this state it would have done Sony a helleva lota good. Just being able to pause a game and then ps button out and check your emails and browse the web is so flawless that not even the consoles or pc for that matter are on the same level of user friendly.

Give the vita a go this xmas and you wont regret it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed today and... well... erm... how do I describe it? Oh yes, that's it... it's f-ing brilliant, pardon my French. It's everything I hoped it would be but feared it wouldn't be. I must admit that the signs weren't good when I popped in the game and was prompted to download a 119 MB patch to fix perform issues. Fortunately, it was worth it.

Having only played the 360/PS3 demo, I only have that to compare the PSV version with but it seems to be a pocket-sized conversion with few obvious compromises. The cartoon visuals looks gorgeous on the PSV and the small screen helps mask the scaled down graphics and jaggies. The framerate holds up well but a few tracks feel a bit chuggy; usually boat sections so it may be intended. The draw distance is stunning though and I didn't notice any distracting pop up so I could see everything that was coming. The drifting works perfectly once you master it and the sense of speed is OK (oddly it seems better in the super addictive time trials).

I managed to clear the first tier of the Career mode, the first Grand Prix, unlocked Amigo, levelled up Sonic to 3 and thoughly enjoyed myself. This is definitely one of the best console-to-handheld games I've played on the PSV and joins BlazBlue and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as a demonstration of what it is capable of in the hands of talented developers. If any of the Sumo Digital developers are reading this then I'm sorry I ever doubted you. I feel so ashamed.

One annoyance though, the unlock code for the OutRun course and extra character isn't working with my game and I've triple checked that I'd entered the code correctly. [​IMG]

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Awsome Darren, thanks for the review. Cant wait to pick it up as i really enjoyed the version thts on pc (cant remember what its called now), glad to see your still holding in there with the vita, what do you think of the browser improvements and updated youtube app (you can now go into someones channel rather than having to go through a list of other peoples unelated crap).

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Now on PS Store.
    Downloading now, will report back after a quick playthrough, so hold on to your pennies and ill do my best at a review.

14. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Played a bit of Stranger Wrath last night and have to say while its not the most pleasing visually its defiantly fun to play. I tried to type this up on my vita last night but the net kept dropping out just as im hitting submit.
    First all it must be said - There IS a quick save feature - Yisss dis is goot.

Game starts with a basic tutorial, nothing fancy or over lengthy, but the pop up tips are placed rather rudely. And a first as far as im aware for vita, an option to adjust Gamma.
    Touch screen additions dont feel forced unlike Uncharted's tool cleaning gimick.

Double tapping the front screen will let you switch from 1st - 3rd person, 1st P/V works great and doesn't feel over sensitive like most, if not all handled shooters of recent and feels just like a controller based console game unlike the Vita version of Resistance.
    The only problem i have with the different views so far is if your in 1st p/v and you go to climb a rope or capture an enemy the view changes to 3rd p/v but does not automatically switch back after, a small annoyance but you get use to it.

Shooting is fairly simple. Two barreled shoty with each barrel able to be assigned a different ammo type, L trigger for left barrel and R for Right (I know right, who woulda thought).
    Tapping the back panel while in 1st p/v will give you a simple melee punch, while the same input in 3rd p/v will make Stranger do a sorta spin attack, kinda exactly like Crash Bandicoot.

Oh, one thing thats really getting to me at the moment is that all characters that populate the world often (read: constantly) repeat the same dialog over and over and there's no option for Voice adjustment.

GFX: I haven't played the original so cant compare to that but as far as other Vita titles go then i'd have to say that this is a bit of a joke, there are even frame rate drops quite often. Not worthy of the HD subtitle placed under the game title.

But, it is a fun game and can see myself playing through this right till the end and certainly dont regret the $20 price tag (or 18.50 is what i payed through PS+).

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i strongly recommend NFS Most Wanted for Vita.

amazingly it runs like PS3 version. just some effects like DUst on screen and the amount of vehicles in the traffic is reduced. rest is similar to PS3 version. Sounds, cars, visuals. all pretty.
    The car handling is great, every car acts differently. just great for a handheld. not like cheap low physics of handheld systems.

i just wish there are more racing games on Vita. Y vita falls short about games :(.

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I got need for speed most wanted yesterday and I'm plesently surprised with the game, online is good too.

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Cheers for the heads up wanny. Grab when its on special.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    dito on Darrens post above on Sonic racing transformed. Brillant game, old school sega fun. must have for vita + also supports playing of your own music too. 8/10 as the few occasions of stuttering annoy me and imo the difference between easy, medium and hard is quite a sharp increase although i play for the fun more than the challenge.

Cant wait for the pc version and will pick up on day 1.