Proof: Something is wrong with ATI Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by The General, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Bandwidth cannot change! If bandwidth could be changed, then there would be no point in getting a new video card, as if you could change bandwidth, you could change things like how many shaders are on the card,(Not just unlocking it either), or change the type of memory it is, or how much memory is featured! There is a difference between the drivers reporting and only using that much bandwidth, and the actual bandwidth.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Ever thought GPU-Z might not be entirely accurate and only has problems reading the values right? You can only say something is wrong when you get very different results in actual tests (3DMark, timedemos etc). Some 3DMark version also had problems reading 2D and 3D clocks right on GeForce 6 cards, yet results were always right when comparing score and framerates...

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I actually noticed something about those shots.

Not one of those GPUz shots are using the same version. If you're going to try to put up an argument, DON'T USE SCRAMBLED INFO.

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    i know....

lol

That hole i said he had dug...

i think its nearing china right now...

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    I think he's already half way to Jupiter...

6. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    This thread is not crazy you are !!

People told you many times that it´s not the driver but your machine.
    So stop complaining, buy a new one and see what you missed over the past years.

7. demowhc

demowhc Member Guru

GPU:
    3*HD5850 Tri-CFX 850/1150
    honestly it's like trying to play xbox360 games on the original atari and then blaming poor coding for the poor performance..

people here have given you great advice but you dont want to hear it.. :bang:

8. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Especialy when PCs are THAT cheap currently.(you can acutaly buy decent rig for 400$, not something strong, but good enough to play games)

9. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    Don´t blame the driver blame your machine :rpg:

10. Exceededgoku

Exceededgoku Guest

GPU:
    R9 295X2 x 2 in Quadfire
    OMG this thread is awesome, I can't believe how blind the OP is... How can a P3 handle the requirements of a modern OS with modern games?! The PCI bus is slow as **** how can games have enough bandwidth to be played at a reasonable framerate. You realise that that Xbox has more processing power than your entire computer!?
    This is ridiculous... go out and actually READ the reviews and you'll see that you can simply not use a crappy CPU with modern graphics cards, I sure as hell haven't ever seen a review where a gtx280 was combined with a Pentium... for a good reason.
    God I'm finishing here because no doubt you'll read this and come up with another stupid reason to ignore me.

11. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    I can't wait to see the review. You are going into uncharted territories here General!

12. mp1434

mp1434 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 460 Sonic Plat
    There are 5 pages of people explaining how he is wrong and he will still not listen....kind of amazing really

13. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    I admire the OP's calmness and stubbornness, too bad he's been drawing the wrong conclusions from the observations he made due to lack of technical knowledge. And it's really bad that he's blaming ATI of making bad drivers because of that :(

It has given us one heck of a jewel of a thread though, let's cherish it :D

14. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Well I actually found a picture that sums this thread up pretty well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, that's two pictures, because just like this thread it doesnt make any f%*king sense.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  15. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    But it's funny as hell you got to admit that :D

16. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    Really it´s time to close this thread.
    This guy is just unconvincible. And i guess he´ll be happy with his crappy computer for the next ten years. If he´s pleased with getting 10-15 fps in games then that´s okay for me.

17. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Admin, can we please close this thread... and more importantly, ban this troll.

Thank you.

18. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    Nonono, wait until he reports back with the 8400GS results! :D

19. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    He is a connoisseur of budget cards so we might need him one day we never know :D

20. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Guest

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    duuude, i bought my hd 4870 today and i got 3.6ghz intel p4 775 800fsb clocked at 889fsb 4ghz and even this processor is bottlenecking in some demanding cpu games such as c and c 3 and oblivion, believe me a new cpu makes all the difference depending on the games engine ofc, all u need to know is this: see ur cpu usage while ure playing if its 100% or close to that then it means u will not reach better performance even with 2 ati hd 4870x2, why im not changing mine? i dont feel like wasting money on a new mobo with new cpu, atm all latest games works awsome >75fps with maxed out graphics exept oblivion which is at 40fps and c and c which sometimes runs at 20... those are the only games that i didnt gain performance by switching the gfx card why? because cpu usage is at 100% at those games.
    Hope this post helped u for now and in future

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.