Proof: Something is wrong with ATI Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by The General, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    ATI wins some, Nvidia wins some....no two cards (based at the same level) will perform the same in games, and drivers are the same.....some are great, some not so...from both campss!!

As others have said, the 6200 demands different things from your system than the 2400 does, and to be fair, other than for video playback, the 2400 is a bit of a sucker.
    What psu are you running?? Are your Guru specs correct??

2. bertieballs

bertieballs Member

GPU:
    2 x bfg 280gtx oc's sli
    hahahaha, rofl..... i keep falling off my chair..... hahhahaha

funny thread ;)

3. Thunderball

Thunderball Member Guru

GPU:
    HD5870+Twinturbo Pro
    Best thread ever
    90 watt PSU and 512 MB RAM lmao
    That´s what i call a monster machine.
    This must be a late April Fool.
    What´s next ? Playing Crysis on medium settings ??????

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  4. demowhc

demowhc Member Guru

GPU:
    3*HD5850 Tri-CFX 850/1150
    LOL you actually tried to play crysis on 600mhz cpu and 2400??

:stewpid:

5. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I would agree with you, but this isn't the case. Because using Geforce Cards, from the FX5500 to the 6200, i never have this issue with games. And i never had this issue when using older Radeon cards with older drivers. But for the first time ever since i bought the Visiontek 2400 card, i have run into horrible problems with about 50% of all my games, and i have over 400. It could be the card, or it could be the driver, i think its the driver IMO.

Yes,
    WindowsXP Home Edition SP2, Intel® Pentium III, 600MHZ, Intel(R) 828101AA AC'97 Audio Controller, 120GB Western Digital Internal HD, 500GB My Book Edition External HD, Second External Western Digital - My Passport Essential 160GB External USB 2.0 HD Sunny Yellow Edition, USB. 2.0 PCI HighSpeed Card, 512Megs of Ram, 90(Watts) PSU, Visiontek 2400 HD PCI

Had this computer since 2000, working great ever since :)

I have Crysis Demo on my computer, i test it out with certain drivers. Its unplayable using my 2400 HD and 6200. However, using my 6200 i get 12-19fps and its playable up to the first mission, the GPS mission, then its becomes unplayable. Using my 2400 with Crysis, i can't even get pass the first bad guy, the card can't handle the game, but my 6200 runs the game better.

Crysis is not a demanding game like some think. At the menu scene my fps are at 18fps, the game load up pretty quick and using my 6200 its playable up until the first GPS mission. So yea i am pretty sure i can run Crysis if i had the right card.

6. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Troll or not, this thread has its own wired, mind-boggling epicness.

7. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I'm not a troll, from what i can see, it seems like nobody is reading. I never had any major trouble with games, until i bought the Visiontek 2400 HD. My only guess its the card or its the drivers, because i have use radeon cards in the past, but never had thi issue either. I think its the ati drivers, i am pretty sure on it.

I am going to buy the 8400GS 512MB PCI card soon, and if i don't run into these issues, well i was right all along. But as i said, i never any trouble with games until i bought the 2400 :wanker:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  8. mp1434

mp1434 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 460 Sonic Plat
    Just stop. Your system sucks and is not good enough to play most new games at a good fps. The End

9. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Do not buy a new video card. Buy/Build a new comptuer.

10. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    My computer doesn't suck. I can use the internet fine, play music, use apps well, and game pretty good. My computer is old, but its far from being a bad computer. I hear alot of people complain about how these new ati drivers are not as good as the old, and they are right. The facts point to it, ati is messing up their drivers. I plan to buy a new compuer soon, with a Diamond 4870 and i hope by then, the drivers are fix.

peace

In a few hours or in a few days i am buying the new 8400GS 512MB DDR3 or DDR2( not really sure on it ) PCI card, but i plan on buying a new secondary computer mid oct 2008.

11. demowhc

demowhc Member Guru

GPU:
    oh man.. why dont you listen to what ppl are telling you, your PC is a pile of crap..... :bang:

12. neothe0ne

neothe0ne Member

GPU:
    512mb XFX Radeon HD4870
    Ctrl+F proof that you tested old ATI drivers..... no results.

FACEPALM

Srsly, can a moderator please close this trainwreck thread? It's not even funny anymore.

13. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    If you want to make your PC feel "right", don't ever look at PCI cards again. I mean it's year 2008 and we have second revision of PCIe in the wild. Oh, there were 4 revisions of AGP in between that you skipped completelly.
    When you skip 6 generations of anything in PC world you can be well sure your PC is completelly outdated. PCI cards are only in domain of admins that want to play something on servers where any kind of AGP/PCIe slots is non existent.

14. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    90watts? you mean this pc runs on solar power cells generating electricity from the same computers power and hdd leds? ok, MAYBE it's enough for this machine(although I remember having better PSU with a P3-450/128MB RAM/Geforce 256 32MB SDR machine)but anyway why do people with crap hardware always want to prove it's the software that's the problem?

Like "help my Pentium III computer does not run Vista. Vista is crap! XP works MUCH better! I wait for Windows 7!"

15. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    [accidentally posted in wrong topic]

16. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    I actually think the reason for those FPS drops could be because of your PSU being 90W, not because of drivers... :rolleyes:

17. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    But you are not listening, i made it clear that those issues which i have with my 2400 , i don't have with my Geforce cards. I never had any issues, or major ones with games as i do now until i bought the 2400.

I just place a order for the 8400GS 512MB PCI card, if that card runs games just fine, then it was the ati driver all along or the card in general. So monday everyone will find out. :banana:

This is the sticker off my PSU, i put it on one of my Xbox games covers:
    [​IMG]

18. mp1434

mp1434 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 460 Sonic Plat
    oh god STOP! We don't need to wait for the "results" everyone has offered good advice and you just don't want to listen.

19. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I hear what everyone is saying, buy a new computer, stop upgrading that old computer, blah blah. People its my computer and i can buy whatever i like. Also, i already said that i am buying a new computer soon,

" a Gateway, Intel Duo Core 2, No plans to use SLI or Crossfire, 300-400Watts PSU, 120GB Internal HD, 500GB Blue My Book Edition, No speakers, use headphones( they are better ) , Diamond 4870 or just a cool Diamond PCI-E card. I plan to buy this sort of computer Oct/Mid 2008.

20. demowhc

demowhc Member Guru

GPU:
    lol please close this pointless thread..

ATI drivers are fine and it's your PC that is the problem..

/end thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.