Project Natal - Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Denial, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Makes a bit more sense now. Thanks for clarifying that. Sometimes I'm a bit slow, it seems. :bugeye:

;)

2. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    Not convinced by this. The Wii's motion sensitive gimmickyness has made it the most popular toddler and soccer mom toy ever without even trying to be in that market. I don't want my action-packed fragfest Xbox to be de-balled in such a fashion..

3. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    this actually looks awesome. i wonder if they will make compatability with the PC... anyways, its going to be pretty cool.

4. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    They have a similar method of control for the PC, its called haptic techonology. The Novint Falcon uses it, its a similar method of control. Instead of sensing you move holding nothing, you move holding a ball or gun stock or something.

5. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Absolutely positively perfect? There are none. 99% perfect? I recommend you take a look at Blizzard products. Save for some balancing issues and 1 in a 1,000,000 glitches their products are practically perfect from the get go. I have still yet to see any RTS games that deal with lag the way Blizzard's products do, and this Starcraft and Warcraft 2 time I'm talking about as well. It's surprising that after a decade no other company deals with lag as well as Blizzard's games do.

6. Musouka

Musouka Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX970
    They are most probably testing this on Xbox 360 but the real implementation will come with Xbox 1080 (or whatever it's called).

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    guess you dont have a wii :)

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    So the correct way to deal with lag is by pausing the game for everyone? I'd much rather have a server/client connection where only the person who is lagging suffers.

9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I wouldn't worry about it. After reading the post, I had no idea what he was trying to say. It made no sense. Then I moved two words around and it definitely had the impression he was talking about you.

But I knew he didn't mean for it to come across like that, I just wasn't sure how it was meant to come across!

The biggest issue I saw was the skateboarding. How complex an action can the camera detect? Everytime that kid jumped on the video, it looked like he did a kick/heel flip. How do you do other tricks? Can you do other tricks? I highly doubt it.

And when he scans his board, how does the Xbox know what the board looks like under his fingers?

10. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    My first thought was, "push Milo into the water and watch him drown!"

If that had happened, I would have enjoyed the video.

Wow, that was really morbid.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    kinda like playing FPS games on the Wii??..well, people do it apparantly. naturally i would assume they would support the standard 360 gamepad as well. just that options are always a good thing

12. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
  13. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    The wii is ****e you swing a plastic piece of crap to make something move on screen wow so fcking revolutionary i hate the wii and any so called 'gamer' who has one isnt a gamer.

If you wanna play a real gamer ask em if they own a wii if they say yes get the fck out of there...

14. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    lol.... think someone needs some herbal tea and a foam bath....lol....

15. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    You don't have a choice if you want it to be fair. Why the hell you think in CS that they have severs that enforce low ping? Unless you pause it for everyone whoever is lagging has the advantage, and it's usually a huge one. Anyway, that's not something particular to just Blizzard. In general Blizzard games just lag less. I don't know why or how, they just do. Perhaps it's because the ping bars are better indicators of ping than it is for other developers. Not like people don't enforce good ping in RTS games too. When not even 1% of Blizzard games lag period compared to the 75+% of AoE 3 games, how can you not say it's better.

16. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    I have a PC, PS2, PS3, X360 and a Wii..... :) That makes me no gamer.... :)
    Well in fact, it's crap talk like this that makes me feel ashamed to be a gamer.

The one question is: What are you going to do about it? :banana:

17. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    sorry but i just have this rage towards the wii and nintendo in general

never liked em, never will

18. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    This will be awesome, in 15-20 years... That's how long I suspect it's going to take to mature and really be usable/useful. Also, it's only going to be good for certain things - like a driving simulator is probably not a good fit, you need the feedback and feel of the wheel - but things like fighting games or things like that would work out great.

This is really where things are going in even everyday life (think smart homes), voice recognition, face/emotion, etc... This is where we are headed and I can't wait for it to mature into something more than an idea.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Okay, but just because you don't, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't either. Please try not to push your opinion as if it's actual truth. :D

20. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Hmm, saw this today.

Voice + face recognazion is cool, some fighting games infront of 1000€ TV is a bit meh... I also would not trade my G25 to something like "air wheel"...

So she walked infront of Xbox and already logged in and opened chat with friend. And what it's going to do if your coming from shower with no clothes on ?

Consoles consoles consoles, more consoles and more family antertainment and social groups and so on...

What about gamers, I mean the people who use PC ?