[Project Log] GREEN MOLECULE (modded Fractal Design ACR Mini R2)

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by alexciobanu, Jan 3, 2015.

1. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    [​IMG]

Hey guys,

Here are the pics of the completed loop, in light and dark as well as with the UV LEDs!

Quite a lot of pics incoming !!!

Sorry I took so long to get these up, been caught up with other things and I'm about to start two new builds too!

Still a few things left to do on this build though:

- Fix the side panel on the left side where you can see the case frame through the window, will add some vinyl to cover it
    - Mod the Nvidia SLI Bridge, I have white Plasti Dip in now
    - Get new SSDs, mod them to fit the theme and mount them in the back

I will do the final photo shoot of the build once all that is done. But don't wanna keep everyone waiting so here is the build as it is now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
  3. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
  4. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like how the build turned out! Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Alex

5. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI FTW3 Elite
    I think it looks amazing. I do recomend more uv lights, you seem to be having the same issue i was with to large of a insude case area with too few lights. I def need more than one 15" ccfl. Headed to the microcenter to return the pump and smaller reservoir now that i have my mcp355 wired properly. I like the glow, the purpleish stickers on the bottom and sides are they lit up? Im color blind to ted green so i might not be seeing it. 5 of 5 stars.i wish i had a ultra thick rad like yours in the front of my case.

6. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Thanks mate :D. Yea I would have wanted to use more UV lights too, one in the top of the case in the front would have been pretty good but as you can see from the pics the top rad comes all the way next to the side panel so no room for another light there. The one I have in the front seems to give the least amount of light, I might replace that one as there might be something wrong with it.

The stickers are not lit up, just the effect the UV lights have on them. They are just white vinyl tho they are a different white than the acrylic and they seem to react well to UV light. Hahaha thanks man, yea the monsta rad is awesome :D

7. Bohi2_OGU

Bohi2_OGU Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    Yeah that looks great well done.
    But pity that you cut the sidepanel on the vertical bar left side way to much so you can see the anti resonance springs. But overall nice work

8. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Thanks mate. Yea it was meant to have molecules cut on the left side as well but I made a mistake so in order to save the side panel I had to extend the window. I will be fixing that by adding a small vinyl strip just to cover the case frame :)

9. red6joker

red6joker Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    OOOOOOH, AAAAAAAAAH. Very nice Build.

10. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Thanks mate :D

11. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I'm going to need a change of pants. That thing looks great. Have you considered UV coolent? The reservoir looks kinda dark compared to the rest of the components.

12. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    hahaha thanks man :D.

The coolant is UV reactive as it does react in some spots, it's just light placement that makes the inside res darker. An LED strip right in the top at the front would have been good but unfortunately they way this case is designed, the top rad comes right up against the side panel.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I've been watching this thread throughout this build. I must say, I'm impressed with the look and the loop. Well done.

14. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Thanks a lot mate :D

15. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    [​IMG]

Hey guys,

Finally had some time and managed to PlastiDip the Nvidia SLI bridge!

Check it out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It does look much better this way and I'm glad I painted it in the end!

Getting the final parts next, new SSDs!!!

Cheers,

Alex

16. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    [​IMG]

Hey guys!

SSDs are here, ready for painting and custom decals!

I ended up getting two Crucial MX100 drives, got a pretty good deal on them. Unfortunately I couldn't afford two 512GB drives so I can then run them in Raid 0. So the 256GB will do for windows and other bits and the 512GB will be used solely for gaming :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warranty VOIDED :dremel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will be painting and getting custom decals done for them over the next few days! Get them in the build and a fresh new copy of Windows and the Green Molecule will be complete.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

17. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    [​IMG]

Hey guys,

Painted the SSDs and finished the decals. I think they turned out pretty good. Let me know what you guys think?

The reason I took so long to get these done is because I got confused which was the front on these SSDs. It seems like they are the other way around from the other SSD and HDD I have in the build now in terms of the connectors on them. So I ended up doing one side with the decal and as I went to install them I realized they're not gonna work that way. So that just set me off in terms of time as I had to go and do the other side. I haven't had time since to get them in the build and get a fresh install of windows on. Hopefully this weekend.

Anyways, here's the right side up which I'm gonna have on display in the SSD windows and you will see the other side below that, with the connectors facing out instead of in like on a normal HDD or other SSDs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the other side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking it out. Hopefully I'll have them in this weekend, get fresh Windows on and do some benchmarks and final pics of course :D

Cheers,

Alex

18. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    [​IMG]

Hey guys,

SSDs are in and all working great. I have most of my stuff loaded onto them now. I will be doing some benchmarks and taking final pics of the build shortly and then wrapping this build log up!

Here's a look at the build with the SSDs in and final cable management in the back. I also added a cool decal to the back of the PSU.

Out with the old! Will be reusing these drives after a makeover in my Toxic Chrome 250D build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First PSU decal I did, but decided to give it the molecule look afterwards.

[​IMG]

Much better this way!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking in out!

If you guys have any requests for a benchmark or any games you would like me to run, let me know and I will see if I can make it happen.

Cheers,

Alex

19. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    [​IMG]

Hey guys,

Here are the final photos as well as a look at the Green Molecule next to the Vault Boy!

Which one do you guys like better?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. alexciobanu

alexciobanu Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Benchmarks and temp testing will be coming pretty soon I hope. Been super busy with work lately and I just didn't have the time. The 3770K is overclocked same as before the rebuild, 4.7GHz @ 1.29v and as for the GPUs, I didn't have time to play with overclocks on them at all yet.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex