Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
  2. GiNaJuIcE

GiNaJuIcE Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP
    that looks like a forza clone...

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @zero: It feels like micro-stutter as the framerates are high enough (around 50) and very stable. The feeling isn't smooth though, oddly disconnected. I had equal problems with Shift 2 so it might simply be some core part of the engine.

4. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    GTR 2 has both better physics and FFB than rFactor. Default FFB in rFactor is terrible, and using one of the plugins only makes it bearable. Even though they're based on the same engine, for some reason ISI screwed the FFB up really bad with rFactor. With the interface and FFB combined, I simply have no reason to choose rFactor over Race 07 or GTR 2. As for rFactor 2, opinions are mixed. And as for GTR 3, it's impossible to say at this stage. Assetto Corsa I'm looking very much forward to.

5. triskele10

triskele10 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE
    If you're a GTR2 fan like me Google for the fia GTR3 2011 mod + NAPP 1.4 (New Advanced Physics Patch). Of all the Sims I drive this is the best.

6. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    Cool, thanks :)

Do you know of any download links (that aren't dead)?

edit: Ok, I've found NAPP 1.4 and the FIA GT3 2010 mod. I can't find a 2011 version?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  7. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    That's rF1 though, rF2 is a different beast all together. The only people that are hating on rF2 are graphic whores that have been blinded by pCARS when underneath all the shiny exterior the physics now in Pre-Alpha are pretty bland and the FFB is very sub standard. Who knows what is to come in the future for pCARS, they will eventually nail it but i have become a little withdrawn from the title atm, over played i think and just don't find it exciting to drive. Will go back in a few months

GTR2 was never as good as the best mods on rF1 either. HistorX, DRM, 1979 GP mod all totally destroyed anything GTR2 ever had in terms of physics and FFB. Only mod that ever came close to the quality of those in GTR2 was/is the Power and Glory mod.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  8. Wanny

Wanny Guest

That Rouen event ... it took me 15 tries to complete even 1 lap. Those damn beasts need some gas when you downshift.

2min 4secs...

9. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Where the heck did all you sim racers come from?

I thought I was the only one scattered about the Need for speed and forza toddlers.

I'm tempted to try Project cars. I've heard it looks probly the best of all the sims. I'm concerned about the feel though. Wish I could try a demo first.

I'm a GTR Fan since the first and await the 3rd title. Rfactor 1 sucks, but I did find some enjoyment with Leofeel and the V8 unleashed mod.

Rfactor 2 FFB really brought that sim alive, however the Formula Renaults still feel like ol RF1.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I had a GT Legends and GTR2 thread here when those games were first released. I used to play quite a bit with a few gurus online, always fun. I've been a little bit away from racing, but this year reignited my passion for racing sims with all the great games being released. Good to see that there's a few of us on here who enjoy racing. I just really hope there's dedicated servers in pCars so that we can arrange some races online.

11. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    I'm usually at race2play, I tried Iracing but I perfered a good community over mass amounts of content.

12. darkdeus

darkdeus Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 470 1280mb
    Are you using DX 9 or DX 11? I get the stuttering with dx 11, even with high fps, but it's perfectly smooth with dx9. The dx 9 version is more mature and stable at this point so you should try that if your having issues. DX 11 will run better probably at some point in the future.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    DX11, yes. That's where I get the micro stutters, DX9 is perfectly fine.
    I switched from DX11 to DX9 when I ran into these issues (I think two builds ago) and I don't mind it, especially after hearing that DX11 might only have performance increases at the moment (which it doesn't have in my case, it's more or less consistently 20% slower).

14. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Some tracks do take a hit in frame rate when running the game at very high detail such as Bologna(Imola) runs as low as 40 fps and can feel a bit juddery compared to other tracks with lower trackside detail.

15. SHAGGA

SHAGGA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670CUii
    Hey Hilbert, and other guys...i don't come here much now (apart from reading graphics card reviews) but i've been a member for some time.
    Anyhow...i'm also a beta tester as well (Dimahoo over on WMD). Nice to see some Guru's on board!
    I've done a video and everything...

Enjoy...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SyeNw9P2o4&

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Wow I'm so glad they released tracks like azure coast and california highway. It's just so fun to drive a long distance from point A to B.

17. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    This is looking good, are they going to do an open beta at some point?

18. SHAGGA

SHAGGA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670CUii
    You mean like a demo or one where you pay a part sum and join the test (Like Rfactor).
    If so they're doing that...

http://forum.wmdportal.com/

19. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Ok thanks, I had no idea. I was actually thinking of getting RFactor 2 but I'll have to decide if this might be time better spent.

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.