Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Duncan, you are Ian Bell, right? some very intriguing opinions you have. you pCARS fanboys are the worst you know. and for all the work you guys say it's being done the game is not better where it matters.

2. Duncan T.

Duncan T. Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 680 2GB
    No. I am Ian Bel, his french cousin. It's nice that you don't even reply properly when someone takes the time to make a valid post the length that I did. Please explain to me how I am a fanboy. Is it because I stick up for the game and the Devs when people say things that aren't true in a rational matter?

I'm assuming "where it matters" means physics, FFB and AI. The reason it appears as though those areas aren't being worked on is because they are all currently being overhauled behind closed doors. Once they are in a functioning order they will be implemented into the public builds. Until then, however, it will continue to seem like work isn't being done there (unless of course you actually bother to read through the forum to find these things out).

I can provide proof for the above statement if you so wish for it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Eclap, though you are the OP I'm really done babysitting this thread. I warned you a while ago and I'll do it once more, the hatred that has been evolving in this thread has passed an acceptable norm. Personally I am not a fan of the business model pCars applies hence you see so little coverage on this project.

Opinions are absolutely fine, but this evolved into something far too personal. So I am going to ask you friendly to step out of this thread -- let it be as this thread is not about pCARS anymore. The negativity is too weird.

4. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Thank you Mr. Hilbert and sorry to make you waste your time once again.

5. Duncan T.

Duncan T. Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 680 2GB
    I'm new here so I'm just asking: What do you dislike about the business model?

As much as I was hoping for a reply from him, it is completely understandable. I apologize as I didn't really help out the situation.

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Thanks alot. The thread *could* be about the game and the game alone :)

The business model is something that could be a nice alternative to the typical model or small indie games. I guess that most of it will sort itself out once the first big rush is over and people can share their experience with the first projects that have been completed this way.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    first big rush? what do you mean?

8. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Hey it's your website dude, we're just the guests. :D

And I'm not a fan of pcars myself so that's understandable.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @eclap: As far as I know the community-/crowd-funded business model is still fairly new and the first projects that have been successfully funded should start appearing in the closer future.
    At the moment it seems more and more projects are popping out of the ground in search for people to do their funding. Some will surely pass but most of them would probably fail and so I think that after this first rush, where everyone tries to use the new business model, the situation will clear itself.
    As its new many companies and projects will try the new model out but I'm sure that many of them will revert to something different in the future.
    It's a good model and I like if for its chances but I'm also sure it's not for everyone or every project out there.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ok Hilbert, point taken. I even suggest we get this closed and let Leviathan start a new thread. and Duncan, I didn't reply because I was asleep. and I'm not going to do so now because no matter what I say you'll tell me I'm wrong, lying or that it's just my opinion. I'm out, Leviathan start a new thread and I'll stay away from it unless I have good things to say.

11. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Dont mind continuing the thread as it is, unless Mr. Hilbert sees that it may be causing some bad image at the forums.

12. Duncan T.

Duncan T. Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 680 2GB
    You don't have to only have good things to say to be able to post, just be constructive in your posts. Like the whole AI and FFB deal. Don't just post about how it sucks, explain why you think it is bad, and suggest ways it could be improved (that's more for over at WMD though, so that way the Devs actually see the posts). :)

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I say start a new thread, make a good op with videos, trailers, screenshots , etc. this one has gone too far imho. it will be your baby. I don't want this to go on tbh.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    would not worry about that, devs read this thread, trust me, including Ian Bell. I've explained my issues countless times. nothing more to say.

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Issues, yes, but never anything constructive about it. That's the whole point. It can't be that hard to explain.

16. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
    Seems theres no other choice than closing this otherwise the same subject will keep coming to the top.

If a mod or admin would please shut this down ive created a new thread for a clean start.

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Does Pcars have realistic damage?
    Are the graphics as good as say GTA5 or better?
    Do the cars crumple ie:The paintwork,bodywork?

I know its not a proper sim but i loved the damage in GRID.

18. Leviathan-

Leviathan- Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780GTX SC ACX
  19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Alright we are closing this thread. Feel free to open up a new thread, which hopefully will stay clean. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.