Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eclap, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotshot100

hotshot100 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    no If you want a sim go with iracing.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    erm... I don't want to pay to play and rFactor 2 is superior in FFB and Physics. I do appreciate what iRacing is trying to do, and it's a solid game, but the content is not aimed at european racing series which is a shame and it's missing many of my favourite circuits and cars. add monthly fees and it's a definite no go for me. I did try it for a couple of months and yes, while it was nice, I find rFactor 2 a lot better when it comes to actual racing.

3. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    gtfo

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000

5. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    I don't like when people bring up the pre-alpha defense either although probably for a different reason than you. I think pCars is great. So when people make broad statements like "it's and arcade game" and the only defense is that it isn't finished is a backward way of admitting it is an arcade game now but won't be when it is finished which I don't think is the case at all. It is a great sim and it gets better each week.

I also think EA had more to do with the feel of Shift series than the engine it was built on. After one race at Spa in the Shift demo I had lost all interest. The same race in pCars lead me to upgrade my tool pack to get weekly updates.

That said, I still haven't tried rF2. pCars and Race07 have been keeping me busy so I can't justify spending the money for yet another racing sim. I'm still curious though.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you should try rFactor 2 and then you'll see where I'm coming from :)

7. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    iracing is a first class racing sim, no doubt.

You think you are pretty good until you move up in class and face stiffer competetion.

It is a huge timesink and you must be a HARDCORE sim player to put the dedicated amount of time that it takes to be competitive.

8. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    iracing is a good sim in fact, I plan to activate my account again and race there for a bit. It can be very overwhelming.

One of the reasons I stick to racing at race2play is the community is a lot more tight nit.
    Over 200+ races and alot of them endurance and when I log in I've raced more than half the field already so we all know each others skill and how they handle well in deep traffic. Nothing like maintaining a 0.4 gap at spa for 2 1/2 hours with 4 or 5 drivers.

THe thing about iracing is the same as it was in Nascar racing 4, 2002 and 03. Unless you were in a league or run on a server with people who at leased stick together you end up getting wrecked quite a bit.

With my time limited I can only run the pick up races to increase rank and alot of drivers just don't have any Etiquette and drive in disregard, my only gripe with iracing.
    Maybe I'm just old school but I try to race gentlemen like and earn my passes rather than take them.

I don't compare iracing to anything else though because I think its a completely different experience. I guess to compare it would be like comparing skyrim to world of warcraft if that makes any sense.

I'll wait until Pcars is final before I give it a shot as I really only run true simulations add to the fact they take advantage of my sim racing equipment I've invested in.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Finally got around to trying it out! what would be the best to get? Team Member account or Junior? Is there any point in paying a bit extra just for weekly builds?

10. Famous627

Famous627 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 760
    It is easy enough to upgrade if you start with junior. Some content is locked at that level though but not much. One car and a couple point to point stages. If you want to upgrade you just pay the difference.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Exactly. If you start off as a Junior you can always upgrade to a different toolpack and have access to that content instantly.
    I upgraded from Junior to full member when a new weekly update had some content and fixes I wanted to have.

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    That is pretty good! yea gonna get Junior and see how it goes!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  13. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Finally played it over the weekend. Man its hard and i love it! I mean its hard after playing Dirt 2 and F1 2011. I couldnt even control that F1 car in pCars for the first 20 mins! I have one question, has anybody installed custom liveries? I looked all over the forum but couldnt find anywere!

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    Hi, sorry, i'm new here.. but how do i get to try project cars?

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Want to get hands on with the game yourself? Just follow these simple instructions…

Register on the forums http://forum.wmdportal.com/
    Become a Project CARS Team Member

Download the latest build from the link at the top of the forum
    Install it using the password in the Builds sub-forum!

You should then be able to log in to the game with your forum details.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
  18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, if you extract the "raw" files there you should be able to choose the liveries in the game.

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hmm i downloaded Lotus for formula A but it wont appear in the actual list in game. I think im missing some little trick or something

Nevermind,got it now! :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.