Project Cars 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 3, 2020.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    this one going to be the greatest sim ever finally?

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Kind of explains why PC2 currently has 85% off on Steam, I picked up the deluxe version for £11. So even if it's a*se won't be too bothered. Mind you saying that showing it as a PS4 release when the PS5 is currently hiding just behind that door over there is a bit odd.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i supported them for PC1 , it was nice seeing 0.06 euros sent to my credit card every 6 months :p

the money stopped coming for a year now :D

droopy_ro likes this.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    the only game worth to play online for the magnitude of it s community, is gran Turismo Sport, saying it objectively tbh

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I'm not falling for that old bag of tricks again. Their previous games were riddled with ai, networking & physics bugs, hack/glitches and a ton of limitations.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    that s why i told u, the only game worth the price is Gran turismo sport... hands down

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I would put Gran Turismo in the same arcade/fun category as Forza and Project Cars, but I don't play console games anymore and sold my paystation years ago.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Arcade???? Are u seriousm...ur joking

10. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Playing PC2 has re-ignited my interest in GTS. Mostly because the handling model in PC2 just feels off were as GTS felt miles better, just right in fact. My main concern is the overseer that delivers punishment for in race transgressions. I ended up quitting the game because it was awful. Got sick and tired of being punished for other folk plowing in to me. I am just hoping that this has been improved by now.

ramthegamer likes this.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I happily bought a full sim rig from that money, without ever hitting the "manager" level they had. Great experience back then.

The current trailer looks weird though. Could be great, but the question marks are getting huge... I know they said something about modding and changing cars before, during the development of one of the earlier parts, and said it would be a can of worms to be implemented with a sim approach. Now they have it... under the Codemasters flag, with vastly different resources, but still...

kx11 likes this.
  12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well after a few hours playing this, I have mixed feelings about the game. I mostly like it but...

First of all, the game itself plays fine even if it does feel very derivative but it's biggest issue for me is that it feels like an unfinished beta. The graphics for starters look initially fine but anti-aliasing is poor to non-existent resulting in a very jaggy looking games. You can certainly notice it in the internal dashboard view. The only AA option is Super-Sampling but even on Low there is a big performance hit, especially during wet weather events. The game also has some texture flickering and a very uneven LOD that results in visible grass draw in and even LOD changes on building exteriors in the mid-distance on some tracks. This is on maxed out Ultra settings by the way. It was so bad on one track that I had to quit it to check the settings hadn't reverted to Low (they hadn't).

Not a great start but what made me cry out in disbelief is the the poor A.I. and collision detection. Seriously, I took a corner badly during one race and came out of it a bit slow but did the opposition cars slow down or drive around me? No, they did not, they drove straight THROUGH me; three cars in total!!! I have never seen this is in any pro-simulation racing game except for perhaps ghost lap modes and F1 games when you are coming out of the pits as other cars go by (which itself should not happen). That is just shoddy programming in my opinion and makes the game feel half-baked. It happened three times on other tracks. In effect the A.I. is cheating and it is infuriating when it happens!

Not sure if the rumoured 35 GB Day One patch is installed or not or if there is a new game-ready driver coming from NVIDIA that might address some of the graphical bugs but let's hope so. The galling thing is that there is a good game underneath: the cars drive fine albeit more akin to an arcade game and the track choices are refreshing and enjoyable to race around. Feels like a game that maybe needed a few more months development.

ramthegamer likes this.
  13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Games a mess, requested a refund.

RzrTrek likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

that is how GT cars feel even in sim, unless your pushing the hell out them they drive easy mode there so much downforce on those cars, why i never like GT driving in AC i would do open wheel, hyper, road and loathed the GT lineup.

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    what? u mean gt handling model is not good... are u serious....

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    it a boring car to drive is all not that ac model is garbage.

if you do not enjoy that type of driving you just dont.

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I heard that this is a dramatic shift from PC2 towards arcade. That it really shouldn't even be called Project Cars at all.

To be honest, if this game has moved towards being like Gran Turismo or Forza, I'm OK with that.

18. Between this GRID, PC2, GT some great content & boy oh boy... ppl are mixed dang thats a bummer

19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -

Looks like I managed to dodge that travesty of a game. Now back to playing AC at the Nürburgring.

Repo Man and cerebus23 like this.
  20. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Wow brutal review for what seems to be a very very poor cheap cash in. Then again it seems a lot of the snark is directed at the fact that SMS called him out for telling the truth about the preview looking arcadey rather than a proper simulator.