Project Cars 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 8, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
  2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro OC
    I am personally excited as hell for this.

Its shaping up to be the Gran Turismo for PC.

Forza Apex was a massive dissapointment. Still no 21:9 support.

Asetto Corsa is bad ass but lacking in the single player department IMHO for career content.

I personally love Project Cars. Its fun to play, even if not the best sim. Just a solid presentation and graphics ares superb. Yes, as an obsessed car enthusiast, graphics matter to me in a racing game.

3. aka2k

aka2k Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
    Hope the physics doesn't disappoint this time around. Would be such a sin with those nice graphics and car selection.

4. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Honestly I don't see much of a differences from its predecessor... I'd still prefer GT Sport over this.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 4GB
    i don t think there is anything wrong with project cars in terms of physics,the game plays good.

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080 GLH
    Physics will surely be good and, as far as I know, it has all bases covered. All kinds of weather, all kinds of surfaces, dynamic tracks all around.
    Really looking forward to this :)

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz air
    Looking forward to this too.
    I hope they stop ai cars having extended roads when they go off track.
    They often dont slow at all and can hold traction as if on tarmac.
    If I touch the road edge I am often spit off the road like a loony or cannot maintain speed when I keep the car stable.
    Collision aversion of ai cars is suspect as well.
    Spoils the immersion.

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080GX @ 2k/11k
    Bought the first PCARS on release day and I've loved it. They need to keep most or all of the cars and tracks and just add to them for the second game. Too many times have I had a bittersweet upgrade across the past several Forza and GT games due to the removal of cars I often use and tracks I love.

There is nothing quite like throwing the AMG GT3 around Zolder in this game for me. I do still play Forza for a more relaxed time and with friends who can't take the punishment of tiny mistakes the PCARS throws out. Hoping that PCARS2 can actually run on AMD hardware this time around.

9. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    R480+ Nitro @ 1425/2030
    Never had any issues with PCars on my AMD system

10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080GX @ 2k/11k
    I'm glad that is the case now, but I'm referring to launch and the 6 months after launch on my R9 280 and then an R9 290. The game ran like absolute trash even with a mixture of medium/low settings at 1080p with zero AA. I would be lucky to average 30FPS over the course of a single race, and if rain happened it was basically race over due to chugging and stuttering. I think with more recent drivers (and you having a Polaris chip that wasn't out at release) the game runs pretty well, but I jumped to a 980Ti and was able to easily play the game at 1440p with 4xMSAA and all ultra settings at a 99% stable 60FPS. Now with my 1080 I play at 4k with FXAA and ultra settings and a 99% stable 60FPS.

Anyway, I read somewhere that PCARS 2 should be able to do 4k/60/Ultra on a 1080 so it seems like they may only add or tweak some of the graphics from the first game and work on optimizing further as well. I'm excited even though I just got around to buying all of the PCARS 1 DLC yesterday. The Mojave and Bannochbrea tracks are freaking awesome so far, can't wait to jump in the big ol' Bentley GT3. It's a good time to be a racer with GT Sport, FM7, AC, PCARS 1 and 2, iRacing and whatever others I've forgotten.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
    Tracks
    CARS

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti @2GHz air
    Wow.
    I wonder whats left for DLC.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080 GLH
    That's quite an impressive list for sure! :thumbup:
    I'm sure they'll still have room for DLC left. Even with all the "original" cars being overhauled, they should've had some time to acquire & model some new ones :)

14. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF3 GTX670 2GB
  15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Looks good but I'm more excited about Forza Motorsport 7 to be honest, which I believe comes out around the same time. I just find Forza's presentation and career mode/progression to be more enjoyable as a solo-only player. Project CARS was a great game, one I was really looking forward to, but I actually ended up not playing it that much as its career mode felt a bit flat and unrewarding,

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080 GLH
    Well, I'd say both have a totally different audience. And, with all the features like weather, different surfaces and time of day & year, pCars should have a totally different feature set.
    The racing is what counts.
    Presentation has always been great on codemasters games, for example, but the driving was mediocre at best. I prefer racing over presentation any day, and even pCars doesn't look as "simple" and dry as AC, for example.

17. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080GX @ 2k/11k
    My vote would be for the first DLC to have Canadian Mosport for the track and the new Cadillac DPi VR's for the cars. LOVE seeing and hearing those new cars in the IMSA races but no game has them yet.

Heh, I'm coming from the other side of this. I've played every Forza since the first and after making it through all of those career modes has me burnt out. The Porsche DLC expansion for FM6 was freaking awesome with its "through the years" sort of progression, but in general I'm enjoying PCARS because I just load up the game and make up a hypothetical situation in my mind based off the cars and tracks that the game has and then kind of narrate it in my head while acting it out. :nerd:

This is the *first* time I'm actually not going to buy a Forza game on release day, so I'm eager to see what PCARS 2 will do in the career department of the game. Lastly, the main reason I lean more towards PCARS these days is how the GT3/GTLM/GTE cars perform between the two games. I spend nearly all my game time in these cars, while occasionally dabbling in Group C. Not sure about y'all, but to me the GT cars in FM games just don't have the same bite on turn in or overall predictability between the cars and the track surfaces.

This is a great year for arcade/simcade/simulation racers!

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 4GB
    i agree with u darren on that, it does feel more rewarding the career progression in forza, it felt really rewarding playing the career in forza 6 apex, i enjoyed it a lot actually.

19. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    So where are the Ferrari and Lamborghini roadcars? I thought they were going to be added to Project Cars.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080 GLH
    Do you actually drove the road cars? I only saw their sense in career / singleplayer, but I would never choose to drive one just for fun.

So you played pCars 2s campaign already? Guess not.
    I'd say it's not its main focus, but it shouldn't be bad by any means. The core "fun" part is the driving though. With all the unique possibilities this should be second to none.