Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    You should be called Mr. Incredible for that :D

@vinnie: your wheel may need some tweaking. FFB itself isn't an issue when setup correctly.

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    From the patch release notes I can read that FFB settings are going to be adjusted in a way that the community found it working properly. Or should I still manually adjust my FFB settings? :)

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Personally I’m suspending this game until the patch is deployed. Still if you want to try and mess with the settings, here are some guidelines. Quoting myself from the previous pages:

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    @vinnie: usually it's not a question of "working" and "not working", it's more a matter of taste.
    And, especially with the cheaper wheels, you'll have to calibrate them to accommodate for manufacturing tolerances. The deadzone removal stuff points in that direction.

5. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Patch 1.4 is out now.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Out on the PS4 too. Will give it a go later and in the weekend.

7. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Now that the game's been out for a while and received some patches, how do people feel about the online mode?

Haven't had time to try it myself yet, but we used to have our own Guru3D server for GT Legends after finding the public servers with too many who couldn't drive fairly.

How is it looking and is it worth trying to get a few people from here together in a server?

8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700XT Raw II
    I tried online a few days ago for the first time.
    The usualy first corner mad rush to chaos wreck, after lap 1 finished, the racing became quite fun.
    I was mid pack the whole time around 10th place at bathhurst in a Aston Martin Vanquish GT3.

I only did 1 race, cause I had keep having this weird issue where when the next track loads, the game hangs up and crashes.

9. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    Are you using reshade ? If you do, make sure to update it to the latest version available. Some previous versions of it were causing such issue with PCars.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Yes, that's a typical issue of an old version of ReShade.

Having immense fun with the LeMans cars at the moment!

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I've had a couple of good races online. One of them was really good, I described it a few pages back. I still got wrecked off the track twice in the first 2 laps, but I was clearly 5 seconds faster than the cars I was chasing for the rest of the race.

Online will heavily depend on who you're racing against. You can become a premium member on racedepartment for £2/month and they run leagues for various games, including pCARS. It's much more fun than relying on the general public to be sensible. That being said, racedepartment have voiced their issues with the online side of things in pCARS and how they struggle to run races, because the servers are unstable and buggy.

Also, filtering of races leaves a lot to be desired.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Yes, most multiplayer games could use more filters than they offer. No doubt about that.

Multiplayer, as the name suggests, rises and falls with the "quality" of players involved. Nothing one could really do about that, unless you're playing with friends or a real league, of course.
    As far as I know people even do track days now, an idea I kinda like.

13. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    For Some reason i cant get into multiplayer games. I downloaded the patch and no when i try to enter a multiplayer game it gets stuck on loading. Anyone else having this issue!!!!

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Did you try to delete your profile? Depending on where you came from, it may help.

15. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    No but i will try it....

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    I'm thinking of getting into sim racing again and get myself a budget wheel.

Does Project CARS support the Trust GXT 27?

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    You should be able to use any wheel with the game. Even if there's no profile you can still use the wheel.
    It does have FFB though? A friend of mine started off with a controller-type wheel and you certainly wouldn't want to miss out on the FFB :)

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Good news guys, patch 2.0 finally fixed the broken AI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLHv_IsKoYU

Yo Leviathan, remember I complained about the AI actually getting worse with every release of pCARS "pre-alpha"? This was about 2 years ago. You said something about the game being in pre-alpha and that apart from the AI being great, it's also still being worked on.

Well, it's good to see that after the game launched and got a few patches, the AI finally hit a stage where it's just completely broken. You utter mong. BTW, even the graphics look Shift2+.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    guys do u think pcars is an intersting game offline? like to finish season after season? give me ur thoughts thanks.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The career is pointless. There's no progression. You can pick up any series of motosport and race it. But it's just a bunch of races stuck together, there's no licences championships. It's literally just a bunch of races against the AI. Oh and btw, the AI is broken, see my previous post.

ATM the game is only "fun" if you want to hot-lap. Offline is broken (no progression through championships, no licensed championships, broken AI). Online is also a no go, it's buggy as hell and the lobby features are laughable at best.

Hot-lapping is the only way to "enjoy" this game atm, but unfortunately the leader boards are full of hacked times so you'll never top them. GG SMS.

EDIT: Just went ahead and read this thread's OP. The features list... I was like... broken, broken, broken, broken, doesn't work, broken, lol, hahahaha, broken, broken, made up...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015