Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Thanks, I'll definitely do that :) I loved the previous part to bits and I'm sure they'll get the bugs handled.

You're right about the mantra, and depending on what someone wanted to see from the game, it may not have come out as expected. I still like it very much though and my hopes are on the team (and the rest of the active WMD community :) ).

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    All the community cared about having in-car cameras which looked good, and that's it.

Handling sucks, I'll keep at it, but just despise the handling.

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Well, if you don't use the options, it's not your thing obviously. Maybe try something simple.

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 GTX
    Oh, I use the options and kinda hate the fact I have to do that to get a game to work when using an gamepad on a PC.

Another thing which is bugging me is the offtrack notification which invalidates your lap time. At some point of a track I can go off completely and cut a corner in half (accidentally) and not get penalised - yet other times I can ride the rumble strips by one millimetre and get sent to hell and suffer in fire and burning and tortured.

This is especially annoying when it says the current lap and the following lap are penalised when the time it takes to go around a lap is 6 to 7 minutes on Nordshielf. This hurts the most on turns 30-40.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Stryx Rx 580
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439605295
    try this bro, im using those even on a cheap chinese controller, hooked with xpadder a program that makes the keyboard keys mapped on a controller, and they work great how about if u have xbox 360 controller, even better. enjoying the game

6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    You think that's bad, there's a Kart track that invalidates your lap even when you're happily on the racing line nowhere near off the track :grin:

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's called Nordschleife, or Green Hell if that makes it easier ;)

Fiddling with given options, being presented with 3 pre-made profiles even, is far more than other games offer.
    Other games don't even offer a single profile for some controllers, let alone several options to choose from.
    The solution is in there, you just need to keep digging :)

The lap invalidation is there for a good reason, and yes I've hated it more tan once. It's so muchore rewarding though if you get a clean lap after all, especially on Nordschleife.

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yes the games offers quite a lot of options. Especially on consoles it is unprecedented. But that’s a double edge knife. You can fiddle with them for days and not get a good result. Combine that with the bad defaults it offers and it makes the situation even worse.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Better still than no defaults at all.
    One of the profiles should at least give a somewhat good result. Start from there on. You'll get a better result than any default of another game could offer.
    A matter of taste, right? ;)

10. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    After an exhausting format and complete reinstall of every single **** thing, lol. I finally got my G27 wheel to fully function. The steering sensitivity is still on the high side though.

I drive a manual every day but it just doesn't feel right in this game at all so maybe race cars just downshift differently I dunno but when I do, I lose control despite my RPM's aren't very high. It never feels like I'm going very fast into turns and tapping the brake and cutting my wheel has my car still going straight and off the track. Just no sense of control and I can't begin to keep up with the AI even when set to low. So I see the A.I take a turn far faster than I can, I thought it's probably me but something else about the whole thing isn't quite right and I know the over sensitive steering isn't helping. I just about have to come to a near complete stop to take a curve.

I didn't have this issue with using manual transmissions in Gran Turismo 5 but whatever the case I just can't seem to get a good feel and sometimes my transmission doesn't shift if I don't press the clutch all the way down and is hard to get in Reverse and back to 1st quickly.

I tried automatic and it helps but going around corners just doesn't feel right at all considering my speed. That's the other thing, if I'm doing even just 80mph, it looks and feels like I'm only doing like 40 or something. Probably need to adjust a lot of wheel settings and tuning my car right but I've never been very good at those things.

Last edited: May 23, 2015

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Just use the full rotation your wheel offers in the driver and calibrate it within the game. The wheel on-screen and your wheel should be 1:1 then.

I'd also recommend the speed-sensitive FOV & helmet cam (without helmet drawn). By far my favorite camera option.

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I got the wheel onscreen to visually move with my wheel BUT the car isn't turning as it should. It takes a 1/4 turn of the wheel just to get the car to edge over at high speed. At that speed, just a slight turn should make the car move over some. I set my wheel dead spot to 0.

However, when I race Karts, the steering feels fine, as soon as I use any car, the wheel isn't very responsive. Plus it's smaller than a normal wheel so trying to cut it all the way to the right/left to make a turn is kinda impossible for me.

I use Helmet cam but will try messing with the speed sensitive option. I don't know what some of the other options mean like the visual wheel filter and soft dampening or whatever they're called.

I guess I just really suck at adjusting all the settings and it's a pain to go back into the game to test.
    I wish they would fix the Menu UI so it's a little more usable with a gamepad.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Be sure to use the in-game calibration tool and adjust it to 900 degrees. Set wheel and pedal sensitivity to 50% and deadzones to 0%. In the Logitech profiler also set it to 900, FFB to 100% and all other settings like spring or dampening to 0%.

Can’t upload the file now, but just google Jack Spades FFB settings and try them. Made a lot of difference for me, especially in the feel on turn in and mid corner steering.

Not sure how good the clutch simulations is. Try and drive with the paddle shifters to get the feel of it first.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Looking at the comments it's rather RD acting as morons again.

It's a always a tough question whether to let a false accusation stand or to reply to some troll.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Who exactly from RD is acting like a moron? If it's a forum member, that's one thing, they're just a forum member. I don't understand why Ian Bell feels the need to offer free copies of the game to Bram, then Bram says something negative about the game, then Ian Bell throws it in his face, that he sent him free copies. The fact is, Bram actually spent $100 on pCARS out of his own pocket.

Ian Bell didn't have any answers to the RD member questions, apart from "the only issue with MP is that there's wreckers". SERIOUSLY??? Does he even know his own game?

Ian Bell, being the head of SMS obviously doesn't have all the answers, bug fixing is not his job. But if he has no answer, why say there's nothing wrong? That's pretty low.

17. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Things i would like to see improve in this game. The micro studder is still an issue i updated my drivers and its a little better but not all the way gone. I want so see this game as smooth and fluid as asseto corsa. I still have fun with it though. Also i have an older wheel that is usb 3.0 compatable and has to be configured. i cant seem to get rid of the dead zone in the steering no matter what settings i set. I like zero deadzone, I want the response to be immediate, and its not. This is not an issue with assetto corsa and the same wheel!

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Maybe a SLI issue? It's smooth as butter for me. I only played AC at max settings with 4xDSR so far (DS6x on pCars) and neither did it help the picture a lot, nor did it run smoothly (the driving was smooth, not the image though). It was much better the last time I tried AC, maybe it's just a Nords issue.
    With SLI, did you try to increase the pre-rendered frames? How's CPU usage?

@eclap: yes, the users only. The last thing I knew of RD was they supposedly received press copies and I even had a rather positive review in mind? Might be wrong though as I didn't follow that.

19. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    There should be a big patch coming soon hopefully it will fix alot of stuff in the game. I will have to test offline racing for the stutter if it only happens online then i know its a network issue. Online is the only racing i do in project cars at the moment. One thing that happened to me last night is i set up a race ,gt3 cars at brno we were all qualifying and i was kicked out of the session. I went back to try to get in as it was still listed and I noticed there were only 5 cars still there and the other 10 were gone as well. It would not let me get back in my session. I was able to join other sessions though! What really sucked was i was on the pole by 2 seconds over the next guy when i got kicked!

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I fixed my issues, followed a g27 setup guide on WMD forums. Mostly what fixed mine was adjusting some settings in the Logitech software. Something I never thought you had to do but setting my wheel turning radius in that first before calibrating in game made a world of difference.

Online is pretty fun but the seriousness is laughably sad. Everyone get's butthurt like crazy on there. Meanwhile I'm always in the last 5 because I always get rammed off the road but I don't sit there and cry about it, rather I think it's all part of the strategy and fun and am getting better at avoiding a ram using my brakes and watching my mirrors but jeez I"m sick of seeing texts of people raging on others for what they do or didn't do...it's just a game!