Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    He wasnt complaining of the quality of the audio, just the way it handles audio levels depending on your choice of view.

Also, its not childish to have high expectations from a game that has spent so much time in development, of which has also had the benefit of having so many alpha/beta etc testers throughout the development process.

The only bandwagon that anyone is hopping on around here as of late, is the one where it seems that its necessary to complain about people and their complaints when they've questioned a games design choices. People are complaining about other peoples complaints while at the same time calling them the haters or bandwagon'ers for having a go at a game that for whatever reason is above reproach or criticism.

If you're so happy with what you've got, then why go out of your way to call someone childish for having a different opinion?

I think i read somewhere that they changed the entitlement for the $20 backers. Im pretty sure you only now get a discount code of 10%.

Read this:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?25285-Beta-backer-now-my-steam-key-has-vanished

@eclap
    How does this money return thing work. I backed the game before the close off date and paid like... well it was NZ~$70ish. Link to what im on-a-boot: http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/tool-packs-perks-and-fees-101/

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  2. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I´m sorry but I´ll play racing games as long as they are good, which this is although not as good as it could have been. I hate to see wasted potential.

Now I don´t look at trees while racing unless they pop out because of how bad they blend in at times, it´s a step back from shift 2. As for some tracks like Sonoma, it´s just disappointing because they aren´t on the same level as the other tracks.

As for the audio, no way this is accurate for some of the loud engines like the ginneta´s one. I remember comments from top fuel dragsters and V8 supercars about how loud and distracting the noise of the other cars can be. No way it should be so loud that you can´t hear the other ginnetas or other loud cars like the amg.Also there is too little exhaust noise inside the cockpit if any, it´s like racing in a dyno room. (Not all cars, some like the ruf gt3 are fine. But that car at times feel like got broken suspension or a square tire?, consistency again).

And nothing wrong for asking modern damage models (and other stuff) in self proclaimed most technically advanced racing game.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No no. I just glanced at that link i posted and was not quite sure what it actually means.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ah... you mean shares. Best to check on wmd, you'll probably make back as much as you put in, if the game sells good. Don't expect much.

6. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    If all those other games you compare pCARS to have a 600Hz physics engine, I would be very impressed. ;)

Assetto Corsa runs at 300Hz physics, does it have twice the graphical image quality? ;)

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No. But it has better physics and FFB. You know, the things sim racers actually care about? Oh, and accurate, laser scanned tracks. Some of the pCARS tracks are way off. Sonoma for one is one of them. Graphics are about the same.

8. N0bodyOfTheGoat

GPU:
    Oh, you like the canned, fake FFB effects of AC?

Better physics in what way? Please be specific.

You really believe the AC graphics engine is on par with the Madness engine, in terms of effects and graphics quality? Been to Specsavers in the last two years? ;)

pCARS has 4 laser scanned tracks, AC has more laser scanned tracks, for sure. But pCARS has many more tracks overall than AC.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You're reading off the WMD script now, don't you think I'll be dragged into that. I'm not starting or continuing an AC vs pCARS discussion. We both like the other game, it seems. You enjoy your game, I'll enjoy mine.

10. N0bodyOfTheGoat

GPU:
    I didn't join the thread to do a pCARS vs AC showdown, I simply brought up the AC 300Hz physics rate, to demonstrate another modern physics vs graphics quality sim.

The point I was making is that yes, there are some lovely looking graphics out there, but doing lovely graphics and running a high fidelity physics rate at ~60fps (rather than ~30fps) is an impossible task for developers.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    600hz physics rate alone doesn't make good physics, there's a lot more to it.

12. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    600hz physics must be one of those useless things like 96khz audio.

13. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Hey now. That's just uncalled for.

14. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Bang on! Being distorted and loud does not equal realistic. Both Raceroom and Dirt Rally are literally light years ahead here, so
    hardly "industry best" to pCARS. Plenty of rF1 mods also trump pCARS. Regarding physics and 600hz rubbish, well rF2 is half of that and still by miles ahead of the rest. Some people are too Easily pleased and convinced by dev/marketing buzzwords these days. SHIFT2 also has "the most advanced physics engine ever ever ever" apparntly according to SHREK.

BTW Forza 5 also has far better sounds and visuals on XB1, trust me it runs a rock solid 60fps and looks like a PC title

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Raceroom is my #1 for distorted & overdone sound. So much for that, then.

Slight excourse: Battlefield 4 started with a server tickrate of 10. Due to fans and players being *slightly* pi**ed with that, they increased it to 30 with a patch. Now they're even testing values of 125.
    Some people will still think 24fps are enough. Or 60fps.

Physics tick rate was open and variable during development and higher rates definitely worked better. The downside is a higher CPU load, or course, but there's no way to get accurate physics without calculations being done.

That's a matter of taste, again. I love accurate FFB and correct physics as I like to drive fast cars, for real. I even spent lots of money for a good wheel and setup at home.
    Tracks do have to be detailled, no matter how the goal was achieved.
    Personally I like the FFB much better in pCars, as AC had those overdone effects all around. It didn't feel like real tires to me, which is to be expected with canned effects all around.
    Just like the sound of all these games, which never feels "alive", as all of them are mixed up with different kinds of recordings. Some better, some worse.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    can anyone please put a nice setup for rain?
    i'm in my second season driving the porshe at brandshatch, it's too slippery, im a newbie to setups.

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950

Bf4 makes sense since lots of people play it at over 100fps. And I play other racing game at a sim rate of just 37 and it plays perfectly fine, 600Hz is just a marketing gimmick.

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    I cant stand to play racing games below 60fps. Thats why I had to ditch my R9 290 cause of crappy performance in Project Cars.

95% of what I play is racing games most of the time.

19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I got the game and am having the same problems that I had in the Beta. But I never saw anyone else with my issues. Using a month old install of Windows 8.1 btw.

1. How do I exit the game using gamepad or wheel? Even moving my cursor over the X at the top right does nothing. I can't even Alt/tab/delete out of this. Works fine in any other game.

2. My G27 only partially works. The steering and acceleration work fine but brakes,clutch, shifter does not. Nor does the feedback. I have the latest Logitech drivers and everything works fine with the built in calibration but Pcar calibration screen they don't work. Yes I selected G27 and tried both separate and combined pedals.

3. I can't get back to main menu in game using gamepad or wheel. I have to use mouse/kb but once I'm there I can use the gamepad to navigate...not a big deal but it is annoying. I mostly just want my wheel to work. The only game this wheel ever worked flawlessly with was Gran Truismo 5.

20. JUNKIE

JUNKIE Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI Hybrid
    Firefly you need to go farther into the settings and re-assign the brakes,clutch,and shifter controls. As far as FFB you need to set up every car each time.Look for the Vehicle tuning and set the FFB in there,and also in the Tuning body and SOP.