Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No reaction? What exactly did you expect?

AMD's performance problem is mostly their problem, drivers in general and their high demand for CPU power. Most AMD users don't even seem to complain too much, either because they're used to the situation or knew this before release.
    Physx is "only" calculated by the CPU, no proprietary Nvidia-exclusive effects.

PS: The current version of ReShade, 0.18.4, is supposed to fix the issues it had with Project Cars.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well it can some bits and peaces but its not 100% HW accelerated to actually need separate gpu for it.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=37388276&postcount=204

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    PhysX is bollocks.

4. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    The only game I really noticed a difference was Mirrors Edge.

5. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Anything that lets you know there is actually a windshield and windows there.
    Test drive for example, depending on the light direction, glass looked different. I took one of the pictures with the little window moving down so you can see:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ps.- And I can´t believe performance is amd´s fault. SMS knew since shift 2 that their engine wasn´t AMD driver friendly at all, and did nothing. I don´t see the builders of top graphics engines like crytek, Dice or Epic pointing fingers.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Apparently it's something to do with DX11 multi-threading in AMD drivers.

I ended up giving my 50% discount for thus to my brother in law since he gave me Witcher 3 as he also has my DFGT.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You got the best out of the deal, by far. Gratz :)

8. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It runs by default without dx11 multi-threading, you need some command line parameter or something.

9. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    considering pcars wasn't out a full week last week:

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 9 May 2015

LW

TW Title Developer Label Publisher
    - 1 PROJECT CARS SLIGHTLY MAD STUDIOS BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
    2 2 GRAND THEFT AUTO V ROCKSTAR NORTH ROCKSTAR TAKE 2
    1 3 MORTAL KOMBAT X NETHERREALM STUDIOS WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
    4 4 FIFA 15 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
    6 5 DYING LIGHT TECHLAND WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
    8 6 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE SLEDGEHAMMER GAMES ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
    3 7 BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE VISCERAL GAMES/DICE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
    7 8 MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION 4J STUDIOS MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
    9 9 HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION 343 INDUSTRIES MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
    16 10 DESTINY BUNGIE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD

Thats not so bad, will be interesting to see what this weeks results are like, if it was all the pre-orders or if the sames will continue for a second week.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    pCars has that window effect too. You can even see the dashboard reflection in some cars (road cars where you sit higher and closer to it).
    As far as I know there's no dirt buildup on the windscreen though, not yet.

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Has anyone here played it using Oculus Rift dev kit yet?

12. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Pcars glass doesn´t react to light angles like that. It´s disappointing at this stage to not have dirt nor refraction/translucency specially in a racing game where windshields get so dirty:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ps.- dashboard reflection just doesn´t cut it.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Doesn't cut it, eh? Well, maybe it's not for you then. Just return it, problem solved. On the other hand, if that's your biggest concern...

14. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Graphically my biggest concern is the awful track detail, specially stuff like trees. Look at how old tdu is and how it does foliage and grass so much better. I´m like wtf, seriously, it feels like the windshield is gone and the trees are ripped from Mafia 1... and other details like the rain, so disappointing. Colin Mcrae 3 did like 10x more layers of rain 12 years ago. On Japan stages it was impressive.

... and the audio, some engines are so loud you have to turn your volume down depending on what car you are driving, but then you can´t hear other cars on track. They did the same mistake with shift 2.

... and some of the tracks like Sonoma, are they done by the community or something?. God they look so ugly.

...And don´t get me started with the damage model, I´m like what year is this?. We shouldn´t take anything less than the stuff seen in Wreckfest or Beamng. It´s not like Ferrari isn´t allowing them to destroy the cars.

15. Alpin_fresh

Alpin_fresh Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Gigabyte G1

16. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Why are you looking at trees? your meant to be racing on the road.

Don't complaint about the audio, its loud like it should be, I'd rather that than too quiet like AC.

I think Sonoma is ugly in real life too.

Damage model, well, you picked the one game that has been developed around the damage model, so expecting pcars to have it, when AC doesn't, R3E doesn't, Rfactor2 doesn't, Iracing doesn't, is a bit unreasonable.

If you are going to nit pick, and all your issues are with things other than the actual racing, clearly this game is not for you, so I would suggest getting a refund and buying Gas Guzzlers Extreme instead.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you sound like you hail from WMD lol. So... nothing wrong with the game then?

18. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I didn't say that, in fact I have said things in this thread that are wrong with it too, but complaining about things like audio, when in fact it has one of the best, if not the best, engine soundtrack of any current sim. Then expecting pcars to have a damage model like an, as yet, currently unreleased game (and looks dead at the moment) when none of the other current sims have a damage model in that league, its unreasonable and childish.
    The problem here is that people appear to be hating on pcars because of the hype, so its like its fair game to go after it, instead of just focusing on the racing and enjoying the game.
    I've got nitpicks with it, as with all games, but I overlook them and enjoy the racing instead.
    My game doesn't crash, I get good performance, the sounds are great, I have some great races against the AI 99% of the time, its a challenge and it looks good, so I'm happy, but it seems others are just getting on the bandwagon of finding things to dis about the game, cos its the latest craze, perhaps it is, if your a teenager, but as an adult, pfft, enjoy it for what it is, life is too short to worry about such trivial things.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Engine sounds are fairly beefy, but also very inaccurate.

20. remicius

remicius Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    Hello,i need some advice because i dont know what happend.so when they started to develop the game,i paid some 20+ quid,and received the key which i was able to use on the steam too.but since the game released i could not play with the game anymore,i need to buy to get access again.What could happened?thanks