Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Indeed, I think it was rushed slightly and a few things could and should have been addressed before release, this being one of them, but AMD should have been working their billy bollocks off to either give an optimized driver or help SMS optimize their end too, because at the end of the day, it will hurt AMD more than SMS.

2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    But surely if it was a driver issue alone a hotfix driver would be out already.

3. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    thats why I also suggested AMD should also have worked with SMS.
    I wonder if AMD simply underestimated pcars and didn't expect it to be so popular.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That's kinda true, but seriously, look up any AMD vs nvidia comparison video for pCARS and you'll see that all throughout the development AMD had nothing on nvidia, performance wise.

if this is all indeed down to physx implementation, it's a poor show from SMS, deliberately going with code that will straight out cripple AMD cards.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's not really that popular, reviews are not what they expected, scoring between 8 and 9 out of ten, at a time when tripe games score between 9 and 10 out of ten. Also metacritic user reviews are low (not that I go by those tbh) and forums are full of people posting issues.

The game didn't even sell as well as they thought, couldn't even take the best seller position on steam, and we've had a couple of "small" games do that very recently, Cities: Skylines and Pillars of Eternity.

All in all, the game received fairly average reviews, the game is buggy as hell, not to mention a game breaking controller issue on XBONE that makes the game unplayable.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This. Its not like the games performance on amd hardware was a secret. How long was the game in development and early access for?

Even if Nvidia/SMS intentionally borked performance on amd, amd has has plenty of time to address that issue.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    But how do you address the issue of pCARS using HW Physx that can only be done on nvidia? I'm not saying that's the case, but what if it is?

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Is pcars physics engine actually PhysX? If so, oh dear. I dont think a driver from AMD is going to change things if thats the case.

And if PhysX is the core physics engine, why is it that the rain in pcars looks and acts as if its just one big transparent .gif that fades in out during a weather cycle and unaffected by the environment or speed/motion. Driveclub the rain is actually affected by the motion of the car.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  9. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    You've read something wrong then, it is popular. A quick look at ratings show 8/10, 7/10, 4/5 and 4/5, now, for a buggy game to rate that highly, that is pretty great.

Secondly, sales popularity is also high, it did actually make the number one spot ahead of GTA5 on Steam.

I believe a fix for XBone has already been released.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    As a gamer... i find driveclub to be the superior experience as a game. As a simulator, im not experienced enough to comment on it in that regards.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    After all the hype, it should have done much better imo. Not sure about the XBONE controller fix tbh, last I read the issue was there, but maybe they've fixed it.

About the game selling well on steam, they're in 8th atm, not aware of them going top tbh, but even if they did, they're dropping quick http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=topsellers

You look at steam played, they're nowhere near the top http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

12. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
  13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  14. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    This is true, maybe its peaked already.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Just printed five pages of excel spreadsheets for the FFB settingsā€¦ Very user friendly..

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  17. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    They fixed their DX11 multithreading in that Win10 driver, that's why PCars runs decent on it and crap elsewhere.

18. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    roll on august for the free W10 upgrade then

19. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    The games popularity isn't all that great (at least on PC), these are the Steam numbers from release:Steam Charts

It maxed out at a peak daily players of 10,688 and this has already dropped to 6,951 peak daily players within a week of release, considering the hype around the game (and the scores), its not doing all that well really (i expected a heck of a lot more that it has).

20. krisby

krisby Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    No true, it was initially, sold well, but seems to have dropped pretty quick.